or Connect

Posts by pickpackpockpuck

rick is very proudly fashion's biggest troll. it's funny sometimes, but it can get in the way. i really liked the start of this collection. like this coat, for instance, is great. its a standard peacoat tweaked in that very rick way, with the flared elongated sleeves and the triangle cutouts on the sides (you can barely see them but he does it a bunch so I'm guessing that's what's happening here), which causes the front to look like a hanging panel. gives it a kind of...
The more I look at this the more I like it. I think what Raf has been doing the last few seasons, ie looking back to his past, has produced his best stuff in recent years, maybe his best stuff since his early collections. It feels really personal and emotional, and I think the clothes have a lot of soul.
think you're right. looks like a herringbone boucle. really beautiful.
some of raf looks really good. some is meh. would love to have a look at this in person though
haha obligatory
thought Lemaire looked nice. not pushing any boundaries but a lot of nice pieces, especially outerwear as usual. definitely prefer the color choices here to those of the last couple seasons. not really sure i'm feeling Haider Ackermann. so much velvet, and the pants have somehow gotten even slimmer. i tried on a couple pairs this season and from the knee down they were really snug. most of these look like they'll be snug the whole way through. the dark green coat in look...
this is pure gold
personally you strike me as a Philipp Plein guy
exactly! edit: though to be fair it's a pretty simple coat, which is the only reason i even considered it.
having a crisis over a coat i bought. really beautiful wool/silk rick owens coat that fits great and looks awesome, but it's got that minimal lapel and a strong shoulder (not fall 2010 strong or anything, just structured and sharp). i also passed on this yohji coat a couple months back and now i keep thinking about it, thinking i should've gone for that when i had the chance. the rick coat is very cool looking. maybe too cool with its angular tailoring. the yohji would've...