or Connect

Posts by pickpackpockpuck

in case this wasn't mentioned yet here: "Rosso said Galliano would gradually put his imprint on more product categories, including men’s wear starting in mid-2016."
Last comment on this but made it a point to go check out some Vetements stuff in person. Actual garments were great. Bomber proportions are skewed all around, and actually a lot in common with the Undercover one I pointed out, though I think the Vetements runway one in the pic was different than what i saw in store based on the sleeves (different season I guess). Some clever stuff, and sophisticated whether they like it or not. Then looked at the last show again and...
I'm enjoying it! I'd rather have a real convo about vetements, even if we don't totally agree, than ever read another discussion about sizingalso, I don't think you're flailing. you make some good points and now I'm going back and looking again. dammit, i dunno. if I look at stuff outside the show, like the stuff on Totokaelo, it looks really good, though paradoxically because toto makes it a lot more sophisticated when vetements actually said, "If there’s one word that’s...
I love that one of the bands Apple and Hermes are offering on their collaboration is the double tour, which was one of Margiela's big hits for Hermes. How awesome is that? A band designed by Martin Margiela on the Apple Watch!
that's basically what I was getting at when I said vetements was less overtly commercial than SL. there's definitely a wider audience for SL. actually, on this point, their more commercial stuff is the stuff I really like. there's more restraint in it. some of the other stuff feels like half-considered gimmicks. I think the jeans are a perfect example of what they get right though, and even at more than $1k they sell out. clearly they're doing something right. they're also...
Yeah, that's true. And to be honest, the little I've seen of Vetements in stores I've liked well enough. At least it's different from a lot of the rest. And I am curious to see what he does at Balenciaga. It's not a boring appointment, that's for sure. Don't expect it to be like Vetements really. He was apparently a senior designer at LV for a few years so it proves he can work from a luxury POV. But I'm sure he'll be thinking of ways to have some fun with people's...
I think just talking generally. You know, I think I finally put finger on what irks me about Vetements. Probably have to work it out in my head some more, but I think it's basically conceptual Saint Laurent. It's the same deliberate trashiness, the same angst-ridden, disaffected "youth" cliche—clothes for "rebellious" art school kids. Everyone rips on Hedi with the criticism that it looks like he raided a thrift store. It's exactly the same with Vetements, only SL gets...
siki did them last fall, but no idea where you'd find them now. maybe Lanvin might have something that works, too
the plot thickens...
Haha. I didn't mean this season specifically, but yeah, it wasn't good. I don't like this rock n roll kick he's got going. So cheesy. Koché sounds interesting. Don't know it but will check it out.