or Connect

Posts by pickpackpockpuck

Siki Im has been doing a vneck shirt like that each season for some time. Neckline is lower, but it still has a pocket. I don't think the Siki or Public School versions are really like the Geller one though. Fabric and details are very different. If it's the Geller you want I think you're better off holding out for that one. Friend might sell me his laced cuff coat. Any owners in here? Pros/cons? Want it for fall/spring and don't really need a heavyweight coat.
re: the blurred line between editorial & advertising note--this seems like a straight up ad, and I can't imagine Joe Fresh didn't pay some money for it. there's no actual information in the piece, and nowhere is there an indication that it's sponsored content (unless I just missed it). there's the chance that it's an actual piece that wasn't paid for, but if so it's basically garbage journalism and shouldn't have been published...
haha. yeah, I noticed that. I think most places figure the general public don't know who plokhov is so they're billing it foremost as a collab with the designer of helmut lang
uniqlo reissuing pieces from +J: http://www.complex.com/style/2014/09/uniqlo-best-of-plus-j-collection-fall-winter-2014 oh, and in case you missed it, plokhov is doing a uniqlo collab. it's all sweats (pics at link): http://racked.com/archives/2014/09/03/helmut-lang-uniqlo.php
Anyone hit up the BBS opening party, or just checked out the store? Will probably have a look this week. Really curious to see how they did the interior.
i think the golden rule is don't lie. don't take $$$ to say—or even suggest—you like things you don't really like. if you can find a way to work within those rules you're probably fine. basically every journalism outlet also now publishes "content marketing," where brands actually write the content. this doesn't have to be some underhanded way of advertising. a tech company, for example, can do a great, genuinely informative piece on five big trends that will change tech...
that's my neighborhood. haha. looks like it was during the West Indian Day parade. you can tell by the random female bystanders in costume:you'll notice "flatbush" and "caton" on the wall behind, and the key food you can see across the street from her in other angles is where I buy groceries sometimes. the guys in the vid are obviously stupid, but damn that's a lot of balls to go stepping on dudes' Jordans around there.
ftfy
he does a bunch of neutral cream/beige colors and very thin fabrics. you could wear that in the islands, regis.
As I understand it Karlo's involvement is limited, if he's involved at all (may not be). I wouldn't expect the same store. Oh, and yeah, Atelier did have Ackermann's first go at menswear. I wonder who picked up CCP. Only a few possibilities really: IF, DSM, who else?