or Connect

Posts by Stack

I'm hoping to get some shopping tips from those in the know. I live in London, and have very long arms and legs. I'm 6'8, with around a 37" inside leg and I wear a 38" shirt sleeve. Chest is 42-44". You can imagine how awful clothes shopping is. I can never buy anything with full length sleeves or legs online (aside from TM Lewin shirts and Tyrwhitt trousers) and old fashioned bricks-and-mortar shopping usually leaves me feeling dejected. I'd appreciate any advice at...
Aw man, i'm a size 12- rubbish! Thanks for the offer though. The RL shoes sound great, but as I'm on the wider side I think I'd struggle. I get the impression designer brands want their clothes to look their absolute best, and so manufacture only in the sizes they think look good. If they don't fit you, they don't want you to be seen in their labels anyway! Anyone got any thoughts on chukkas with suits? I know Tom Ford and Daniel Craig have done it so it's fine right...
Love those monks! Never seen such a pretty double-buckle. By the way: Phillip.
C&J website currently says this:In recent times the demand for Crockett & Jones footwear has escalated significantly. This is due to the underlying strength of the brand and the ongoing investments they have been making in product development, marketing and retail worldwide. As a result, there is a backlog of orders and delayed deliveries.However, for customers willing to wait 8 - 10 weeks for a particular shoe, please advise us accordingly. Furthermore, we will be also...
The response from Herring said: "These two are the same and both made on the same last shapes at the Loakes factory." So that's good. The shoes MD2010 posted look great, but I'm really after black with a rubber sole. But I had no idea that RL shoes had such a good rep. Do they manufacture their own?
Hi all, In need of some tough, not too expensive, easy clean, smart, black leather footwear for work in winter. It's a smartish dress office environment but the job occasionally means going outdoors in all weathers at short notice. With that, I've pretty much decided on a pair of Loake Kemptons with the rubber sole. They seem to tick all the boxes, and the pics look like they won't make my size 12 feet took too bulky. I know there's not a lot of Loake love on this forum...
Yes, Thank you Landshark, that's exactly what I meant. To be honest, I realised my error and edited the text, but couldn't change the title! What I'm trying to say is I'll be wearing them in place of trousers- due to the nature of my job I need something a bit more hardwearing. But they'll still be worn with shirts and ties. Now we've cleared that up, will a button fly compromise the clean and straight look I'm hoping for?
Agreed. My girlfriend is trying to get me to match her dress for an upcoming wedding and I just won't. It looks goofy and, as Blahman said, juvenile. Just go looking your best!
Hi everyone, As a tall guy I need to get a lot of my clothes made to measure, and I need a pair of smart chinos, which I plan to get from tailorstore.co.uk (anyone ever done the same?), to wear with shirts and ties. If that sounds odd, my role as a journalist requires me to look smart but also go to odd locations, kneel down, climb over things etc., and I'm ruining my suit trousers! I always have a button fly on jeans, but what about chinos? Button fly tends to avoid the...
Quote: Originally Posted by jrd617 Sorry to be rude, but do you not know how to use a search engine? I do indeed. It looks like I gave the impression that I was asking if Ray Ban offer any frames other than gold. I am aware that they do offer other colours (I used a search engine), I was really asking for opinions on whether anyone holds the classic gold frames in high enough regard to advise me to break my 'no-gold' rule. I hope that's more...