or Connect

Posts by Archimedes

What do you think about Bottega Veneta shoes? I know there are better options out there (from specialized shoe makers) and that BV is a fashion brand (so "not worth" the asking price) but I would just like to get some facts (who makes them, supposedly there is sat least some hand-work involved) and opinions about their (more expensive) shoes. Thank you in advance!
Hey everyone! I found a pair of Bottega Veneta oxfords that I really like, and for their price (close to 1k) I would like to know a bit more about the brand's shoes. They are brogues and seem to be quite well constructed, to my eye at least. Does anyone have any experience with Bottega Veneta shoes and/or knows who makes them? I know that for the price I could probably do better, but I also like their styling and their fit a lot so I am just looking to know a bit more...
Even the ones at $2'500+?! Talk about value for money...
Does anyone have any experience with Tombolini suits? They are in the $1k - $2k+ range so some of them should at least be full-canvased I suppose...
Sorry it was too early forme to register it properly (even though 5 wears is hardly any better). I suggested hand wash since he is obviously reluctant to wash it at all! Hand washing will certainly not harm even the most delicate of cashmere socks, even though machine washing should certainly be an option as well
You can't be serious! Honestly, if you are, please hand wash your socks using a mild wool detergent and let them dry flat. 5-6 weeks? Seriously?
Any idea who makes st Dupont RTW line? Or if it is still made for that matter.... I had gotten quite a few items a few years ago (mostly knitwear, shirts and other casual items as well as a sport jacket) and I never found out who actually makes (made?) them. Since the boutique in my city closed back then and I live nowhere near another one, I'm hoping that someone here has a few ore info about this brand (that is not nearly as known for its clothing line as for its...
Can anyone recognize this label (see attached photo)? Also, what do WO, WM, WS stand for? If I remeber correctly the fabric was a wool/mohair blend so I suppose WO is wool, WM is mohair and WS cashmere? Thank you in advance  
My apologies, I didn't realize ebay offered MTM (or was it bespoke?)
+1, since you're being interviewed for an upper management job I'd think you would have a few well-fitting suits already...