or Connect

Posts by Belligero

It's great to see you around again; what's new and exciting!?
No. (Presuming you meant Kopi Luwak, that is.)And considering that most of the stuff sold under the name is fake anyway, the majority of those who think they've tried it actually haven't, either. Fortunately, that's the lesser of two evils in this case.But, fake or not, that shit is to be strictly avoided on principle. It's coffee for assholes, by assholes.
Although the idea is ambitious, it also seems a bit stupid and pointless to roast directly to grind — except for those who want their coffee to taste like smoke. There is such a thing as too freshly-roasted. On the plus side, it's sure to be super-reliable and not at all gimmicky.
My pleasure; glad you found it to be helpful.There should be 120 clicks on every GMT or GMT II with an aluminum bezel and sapphire crystal. The non-clicking one most likely had a broken or missing spring. Or, as occasionally happens, it could have been really jammed with wrist cheese. Either way, it's an easy fix. Just let me know if you end up going with the non-clicking one and need the part. Same here — I find that the click bezel is a definite improvement from the...
Indeed, Rolex changed the click spring during the 16710's production run. The earlier ones are shorter and have a different feel when turned clockwise compared to counterclockwise. The later ones and the current service part are longer, which makes the turning effort the same in both directions and the clicks a bit softer.
^ I find that manual pourover methods are tough to get right consistently. They seem simple, but there are many variables providing many ways to stuff it up, so the occasional great result tends not to be very repeatable. (At least in my experience, but I don't do pourover brews all that often.) Anyway, that technique is worth at try, and the site looks like a good resource; thanks for the link. His brew ratios (starting at over 70 g/L and going to about 90 g/L for every...
@Kaplan, @Keith T, @DLJr Ha, thanks for the feedback, fellas. I just thought I'd see how it worked in comparison to the horological holocaust that is 116520 on NATO, which I once tried for about thirty seconds: So it certainly could be worse, but that's setting the bar rather low. Edit: The only Rolex that I find to wear decently on that type of strap is the matte GMT with a faded black insert. While there's maybe a bit of cognitive dissonance in putting a...
^ At least it isn't Arial. Choosing Helvetica may not get too many points for creativity, but it is a legitimate typeface. Funny that the Germans get that right, while the Swiss tend to use the lame knockoff version of something whose very name references their own country.
Happy Friday, everyone! And it's a very casual one for me today: Although I thought this type of strap looked awful on the 116520 — and still do, for that matter — I don't hate it on the older version for some reason. What do you guys figure?
Very true, which is exactly what I meant by the importance of having a well-stabilized mechanism.It's likely that even a common manual grinder's burrs would be adequate if they didn't wobble around so much, but they do. As a result of this, I find the output quality of the typical Hario/Porlex-type mills with poorly-supported ends to be not much better than one of those noisy electric whirly-blade choppers for herbs that are mislabelled as having something to do with...