or Connect

Posts by Belligero

So my Daytona just did a reverse Michael Jackson: The swap was easy/quick and I'm happy with the change. The characteristics of this watch change remarkably with the dial options. The black has a bit of a vintage look while adding some apparent depth and heft, whereas the sportier white is tops in natural light. The printed elements on white also look a bit more distinctive (the splash of red basically disappears on the black) and the dial is slightly more legible...
No, that wack shit is squarely on Thierry Nataf. I actually like some of the stuff they've made after Jean-Frédéric Dufour became boss. They have a pretty good lineup these days compared their competitors.
http://www.letemps.ch/Page/Uuid/64550574-c3c4-11e3-b435-a900aecea3d2/Rolex_change_de_patron
The hand-wound original is the one to have. I'm sure the co-axial version has better specs, but I think a case that thick would get tiresome, plus the date window detracts from the purity of the chronograph design.I temporarily swapped one of my GMTs for an acrylic Speedmaster with a friend recently. The case is just genius. It's a fantastic watch, and I don't think it's possible to improve on the original. Omega seems to realize this, seeing as they keep it in production...
Unffff... unfff.... Sha-zaaaaaaam!
Prost and congrats!Thanks, dudes! It's a rainy Saturday in Norway, and I figured it deserved some non-phone-camera photos after having it for nearly a year.Took some shots of a few other favourite chronos while I was at it...
Thanks!Here's a less macro-ey shot of it, in keeping with earlier coffee theme of the thread.The original Longines Czechoslovakian military pilot's watch from the 1930s with a similar case shape is gorgeous, but that new version is severely compromised by its WTF date aperture and badly-drawn lugs. A prime example of what I mean by poor design choices in modern watches. In my opinion, at least.At least they didn't use a triple date window, though.
Ask and ye shall receive....It's a very difficult watch to capture in a photo due to the domed sapphire and angles on the hands/indices, but this should give you some idea of its range. The blued finish on the central chronograph and subdial hands can vary from an electric hue to near-black, while the rose gold hands and Arabics seem to have a life of their own. You can also see a bit of dial's parchment texture. It's an absolute treat on the wrist.The typographical snob...
Very reading-comprehensions...compliments
The steels used are nearly identical as far as scratches go. The shiny bits on my Daytona scratch just as easily as my Reverso, for example. I'd say they're more noticeable on the Reverso's case shape, though.A brushed finish makes all the difference, which is very obvious on bracelets with polished center links. Also, an Oyster case and bracelet seem to wear their battle scars better than any other design, particularly an all-brushed version like your 216570, so that...