or Connect

Posts by Belligero

Until they inevitably release another limited edition that's near-identical.I say get out while the getting's good!Of course, that's just my opinion; I could be wrong.
Damn, cat's out of the bag on this Cartier: Hodinkee IN-DEPTH: Ten Out Of Production Watches That Offer A Ton Of Bang For The Buck Hat tip to Dino for mentioning it a few years ago, and I've remembered it since. I like it enough that I'd accept being stuck dealing with Richemont service — which is to say that I like it very much, indeed.
It's an open letter, so no issue with reproducing it here! [[SPOILER]]
Might as well add a watch shot while I'm at it: I can't help thinking that the Oysterquartz would have been the better choice today, though...
This was a gratifying read: http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/an-open-letter-from-roger-smith The watch industry is mostly BS in my opinion, so I'm glad when someone who knows what he's talking about shows that there is still some appreciation for design and manufacturing integrity. I'm sure there are plenty (especially those with vested interests) who will claim that it's snobbish, irrelevant or can't be done, but the success of Nomos tells me otherwise. I don't see it as...
Agreed. Also, I think that the number of people who want to try a watch on before they buy would vastly outnumber those who demand a hermetically-sealed product. Even if the numbers were equal, I'd favour a try-before-you-buy policy if I was operating a shop, the basis being that customers who are OK with it would generally be less of a pain in the ass to deal with.However, if there's more than one example of a particular watch in the shop, then it's reasonable to expect...
There are some watch manufacturers that I respect, but Nomos is the only one among them that seems genuinely likeable on top of that. They offer a lot of watch for the money, they're putting some of the big guys to shame as far as design and manufacturing chops go, and they consistently show that they're into the craft of watchmaking.One especially nice thing about Nomos is their non-restrictive parts policy, which means that they're not trying to enforce a monopoly on...
The current model is blue-only, but an earlier 15202 version that was produced until 2011 has that white/silver-coloured dial as an option (ref. 15202.ST.OO.0944.ST.01):image credit: royaloakclub.com
Ha, I can't believe they used Times New Roman on those subdials. What is it with modern Patek and default commodity-box fonts? While I don't have the same level of objection on principle with TNR as I do with Arial (since it's at least not a fee-dodging knockoff), I'd expect better than something that almost as strongly evokes office drudgery and is about as ubiquitous due to Windows.That sort of lazy typeface selection was one of the things that bugged me about my Reverso...
Maybe if I use the form of a haiku?perception ain't truthbrain must constantly alteror you'd go insane