or Connect

Posts by Belligero

To be honest, I don't pay much attention to Montblanc, so I'm afraid that I can't offer much enlightenment on that subject. AFAIK, their entry-level stuff does use ETA or ETA clones from Sellita or Soprod or Spooginar or whoever's supplying the hordes of generic-movement-using assemblers out there.Coulda been someone else. I truly can't recall stating anything negative about the 36 mm OP, and I do like the double markers at the 3/6/9 positions. Those big batons remind me...
Thanks! The problem is that it's difficult to justify another steel Rolex on an Oyster bracelet (I think I'm up to eight of 'em right now), especially when it's so similar (at least to normal people) to the Oysterquartz, and isn't even that different from the Daytona in form. These things need maintenance every so often — Rolex unofficially states ten years before first service, although they'll go a lot longer than that from what I've seen — and I have too many damn...
Dudes, I really like the baton-marker 116000. Fuggit — I might just have to peel off the stickers and keep it. It's remarkable how well the Oyster case design that Gerald Genta spoke about in that interview linked a few hundred posts back has endured...
^ Their movements are actually pretty good. Most are originally from Minerva, a former maker of high-grade watches which Montblanc essentially absorbed after Richemont got their evil clutches on them. So I have no issues with the quality; it's the lame-o designs that tend to be the problem.
Oh, they'll show smudges all right. Sapphire is a dust and fingerprint magnet, too. A quick wipe will sort it out, but sometimes I forget to do that before taking a photo.
That sounds perfectly reasonable — no argument here.
The stumpy hands give me hope that Rolex will one day return the Explorer to its proper 36 mm size, as Nostradamus foretold. The dial can stay matte, though. I recently got to play with a friend's Grand Seiko — all the forum autists seem to love them so much — and though the much-commented-upon finishing is excellent, I really didn't see anything special or magical about it. The fit on the end links was nothing to write home about either.It's a good watch, I just really...
Apropos my little post from last week, here's a bit of insight on the industry's schmoozing machine.... http://nickhacko.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/clash-of-titans.html A press pass is very nice to have at these things if you like free trinkets and booze.
A few more photos from my pal who's handy with da camera phone: I lent the 1675 to someone for the past few weeks; it's great to have it back, as it's become an old friend. As I've said, it's all the watch I need.
^ Cool. Some thread crossover happening too, as it looks like Jordan in the video is wearing a white-dialled Daytona. It's a very nice way to time extractions.