or Connect

Posts by 6jokers

The Menswear Daycare Service I'm working on a huge sale day & the store is swamped. I'm ringing up a customer when I hear a woman say "This nice man will keep an eye on you. Don't go too far from the counter". I catch random snippets of conversations all day so I pay little attention to this. I finish with the current customer & look up to see a kid, probably about 8 or 9, staring at me. I suddenly realize I'm the "nice man" that has just been appointed babysitter. This...
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnGalt ^ So he had a valid PIN transaction and you wanted to see his ID? That is ridiculous. Not really. We're not allowed to even swipe the card to activate PIN entry until we see ID. Once the card is swiped, there's no backing out of the transaction. At that point he could have bypassed the debit option & entered it as a credit. If you think professional thieves aren't aware of this, you're kidding yourself. As I...
I'm a long time lurker, but the sheer awesomeness of this thread coupled with an experience I had last week finally convinced me to register. About 15 minutes before the store closed I had a customer who handed me an unsigned credit card. I asked him to see some ID. Hilarity ensued: Customer: Why? Me: It's store policy. We can't accept unsigned cards unless we are shown photo ID. Customer: It's debit. Me: It's store policy. We can't accept unsigned cards unless...