or Connect

Posts by syn

I've had these shoes for about 2 years. Definitely been used, but there's still a ton of life left in them. Just had the soles replaced (Vibram). Replaced the laces with navy ones from J. Crew. More than happy to answer any questions. Shipping is not included; let me know your zip and I'll send you an estimate.
Dropped to $200.
Just bought this (http://www.jpressonline.com/jacket-khaki/) M65 from J. Press last week. Paid about $415 with taxes and shipping. It's final sale, so I can't return it at this point. Never worn; just tried on for less than a minute and realized it's too big for me. I'm willing to let it go for $200 shipped.
Old Raj. Blue Label.
Quote: Originally Posted by M. Bardamu I must be blind as a bat...what's on the left? I mean, I can tell it's a Duncan Taylor IB... 40 year old Invergordon Single Grain (1965 Bottling)
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek I've never been a big scotch guy, but I bought a bottle of Lagavulin 16 after tasting for the first time last night. I knew it was special as soon as the peat hit my nose... I've never fallen in love with a scotch before but this is by far the best scotch i've ever had. I don't even have to drink it; I love just smelling the Lagavulin. I bought the HP for something a little different. I've already poured myself a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyoung05 ** Disclaimer** I know it is a Rye Whiskey **End of Disclaimer** I was in the mood for Manhattans this weekend, so I picked up a bottle of Wild Turkey Rye 101 -- for a $22 bottle of whiskey, my expectations weren't too high. I was pleasantly surprised. Although I didn't try it neat, mixed with sweet vermouth and a touch of bitters, it was very good. I may be in the minority here, but I really like...
Quote: Originally Posted by ama Find it, its worth it. How much they selling the 1968 for? $400.
Quote: Originally Posted by ama Scotch y Cerveza A couple of GlenDronach. The 15 is amazing, somewhat akin to fuller Macallan 18, but half the price. The 12 is more for non scotch drinking guests as an alternative to Macallan 12, good for them to expand their horizons too. Goose Bourbon Barrel - 4 pack, amazing beer Split six of the other two, haven't tried either, will report back when I do I've been meaning to try the Revival for...
Quote: Originally Posted by amnesiac I got a 1L of Tito's at Warehouse Liquor down by NYU for $20. It's divine. Also, I've tasted maybe 20 or so whiskeys in my short life, and not much rye, but Wild Turkey Rye is great especially at $20 for 1L. Wild Turkey Rye is great. So incredibly smooth and none of the burn you would expect from the 101 proof. It costs $20 for a fifth in the bay area, but it's still quite the bargain.