or Connect

Posts by johanm

Not sure why the hate for TM Goldline. In addition to feeling and wearing great over time, they have the best colors IMO, superior to Alumo and G&R. I posted these examples in a recent thread on end-on-end shirtings:
I think Marco's point is that Rubinacci's (and Liverano's) margins are higher than the US/UK tailors because of the cheaper labor, and also higher than the smaller Italian tailors notwithstanding the additional overhead from storefront/traveling. But of course you have no choice but to pay the margin if you want a Rubinacci / Liverano garment.
+1. The taste level of their silk ties has gone way down. A couple years ago I remember wanting literally every tie on their website. Now everything seems to be mind numbingly soporific or some garish seasonal design with no use in a sensible tie rotation.
Try Soyella 170 or Thomas Mason Goldline 140. Great drape and a tendency to rumple rather than sharply wrinkle. I don't like crinkly 120/2 cloth either.
For what it's worth, I find Thomas Mason to be very solid cloth. My TM Goldline 140 shirts have been washed/pressed by the neighborhood cleaners upwards of 30-40 times with no visible wear.
The nicest ones I've seen are from Thomas Mason's goldline range: They're a bit lighter than in this photo.
Hey Luxire - now that you have snaps, could you do Cucinelli-esque vests? I'm thinking Minnis flannel or one of those Dugdale tweeds or 13 oz suiting wools + quilting like what you use for the quilted blazer. This is what I have in mind:
Depends on what you want and if the other guy can do it. I like Patrick because he's worked with a ton of SF posters in the past and is generally familiar with the terms/concepts discussed here, so it's easy to communicate my preferences.
Thanks tchoy. I know the longer one is more traditionally correct but I enjoy wearing a shorter jacket, as a matter of personal preference.
Posted some jackets upthread with my usual configuration - unpadded and short. Thought I would post one with their traditional Chan house style - longer jacket, structured shoulder. Cloth is Porter & Harding Glenroyal tweed (pardon the crease on the chest left; jacket was buried in a suitcase)A couple of the shorter/unpadded ones for comparison [[SPOILER]]