or Connect

Posts by johanm

Sounds like a completely arbitrary rule...
I have similar dimensions and am in the same boat for trouser length - 8.25" on suits and heavy wool trousers, 8" on more casual trousers. My only additional caveat is that I need to have a decent trouser break or my legs will look like inverted carrots and/or my feet will look humongous. The amount of break shown in the pic of Cravate Noire above is about right for me.
This is awful. I hate getting ripped off by middlemen regardless of the underlying goods. For me it would take the fun out of the purchase and I would skip it altogether.They're priced roughly in between the Harrisons/Minnis group and the Scabal/H&S group, but better than both for this type of cloth IMO. Also try Smith Steadfast which is really good and kind of intermediate between Lesser 16 and Botany.
Thanks for the responses. Look forward to trying it out and reporting back. If it works out, I can see myself ordering tons of jackets from you guys!
Luxire - could you expand on your sportcoat/suit replication process:In addition to these questions, could you describe your approach to dealing with issues. E.g., if a jacket you makes hangs differently from the jacket sent in to be replicated (or if there are shoulder divots, etc.), would you guys be willing to correct it?
For sale is a Barbour Beaufort in Navy, Size 42. I wore it for one season, approx. 10-15 times. It can be yours for $150, including priority shipping to CONUS. Please PM if you have any questions.
For sale is a Barbour Beaufort in Navy, Size 42. I wore it for one season, approx. 10-15 times. It can be yours for $150, including priority shipping to CONUS. Please PM if you have any questions.
This article is really poor. Shallow and uncritical like something I would have submitted to my high school paper. Would hope a NYT piece would do more to enrich, regardless of how frivolous the subject matter. "Ah, for the days when greed was good." "It may be offset by a narrower tie of a more subdued color, perhaps even (gasp) wool instead of silk." "signaled, through its sheer gangster-ish cockiness, one’s intention to scrape his way to the top by any means...
Pulled the trigger on my first shirt (sky blue oxford) and trousers (270-300g khaki twill). Also ordered a bunch of swatches and look forward to reporting back to this thread with observations. Has anyone sent a canvassed sportcoat or suit jacket in to be replicated? I'm considering sending a bespoke jacket to get duped out for a variety of tweed, corduroy, and linen sportcoats. The value proposition is highly intriguing. I'm just a little curious about what level of...
\Asked my wife to surprise me with something from NMWA, she picked up a Drake's scarf and was quite taken by the customer service. Said if she could find any shop that offered next day delivery and a personalized note, she would do all her shopping from there.