or Connect

Posts by johanm

Same here - would happily pay $20 (or more) in order to get orders completed in 5 days, as advertised on the website.
Thinking about ordering a bunch of shirts made of Grandi & Rubinelli "Luna" fabric. It's a very nice and lightweight zephyr, a good alternative for those who find linen to be on the thick side.Also, just as an FYI, Luxire has only posted a small fraction of the G&R shirting range on their site. Lots more colors and patterns available if you provide them with the fabric number (which can be found elsewhere on the internet).
@luxire - what's the weight of the "twill chino" linen fabrics?
I have 4 duty related questions, wonder if anyone has any thoughts:1. How does prepaid duty work (e.g. as offered by Farfetch)? Does the courier scrutinize the contents of each package, and does CBP treat duty prepaid packages any differently in practice? FWIW, based on the few purchases I've made from Farfetch and comparing prices for the same items at other EU boutiques, the prepaid duty surcharge appears to be insignificant to nonexistent.2. How does CBP verify that the...
Below is the 74150 in my P&B Universal book. I guess I can't tell the difference between a heavy hopsack and a barathea.
It's a midnight blue hopsack from the P&B Universal book. Have the book in front of me, it's one of the densest hopsacks I've seen.
That particular shirt should probably relabeled...it's from the 120/2 "Icaro" line, which is a voile, not an end-on-end. The apparent texture is just the result of the high twist yarns.
The Smith Botany book also has some fantastic sharkskins that have the resolution/contrast of the Minnis and Harrisons versions with the feel of the Lesser 13 oz. They also have several shades from light to dark grey.
I had a similar issue with a trial shirt and for my current order in progress I pointed them to the following link for a possible solution:http://propercloth.com/reference/tailored-vs-full-shoulder-armpit-fit/The idea is to set the sleeve at a downward angle relative to the body, as opposed to "straight out" at a 90 degree angle. Credit to An Acute Style for identifying this approach earlier in the thread. Hopefully it's the answer.
Try the Marling & Evans Naturals range:I ordered a swatch of this stuff thinking it would be a nice trousering, turned out to be more of a rough tweedy jacketing.