or Connect

Posts by johanm

I had a similar issue with a trial shirt and for my current order in progress I pointed them to the following link for a possible solution:http://propercloth.com/reference/tailored-vs-full-shoulder-armpit-fit/The idea is to set the sleeve at a downward angle relative to the body, as opposed to "straight out" at a 90 degree angle. Credit to An Acute Style for identifying this approach earlier in the thread. Hopefully it's the answer.
Try the Marling & Evans Naturals range:I ordered a swatch of this stuff thinking it would be a nice trousering, turned out to be more of a rough tweedy jacketing.
How do people feel about the lightly lined, soft, fused collar, particularly when worn unbuttoned? Thinking about spec'ing it on subsequent shirts but worried it would look awkward (overly straight) without a tie. Also, anyone have thoughts on going with an unfused neckband with aforementioned fused collar?
180-210 grams is not "medium weight". Would want something more like 330 grams.On color, this is the type of beige/tan I like:You can also see a nice "washed" effect in this pic.
+1, would be great if it was enzyme washed like Incotex chinos. Would definitely order multiple pairs.
Have you tried the 65/35 cotton/linen blend? Curious as to how they compare.
This is really awesome news for those of us waiting for an expanded range of heavier cotton trouser options.
Shirt looks cool to me. Try posting it on the SW&D side. It's a good example of Luxire's capability for executing unconventional designs.
It has nothing to do with fused vs. unfused, rather it's an interlining weight issue. I have dozens of bespoke shirts with unfused collars and none of them bend and wrinkle like the one in your picture. I've tried to fix the issue in my currently pending order, by sending an existing shirt and requesting interlining of a similar weight.
Love this red stripe, the white works great here. I have an evenly spaced red bengal stripe shirt and it reads as a quite unpleasant tomato shade.