or Connect

Posts by johanm

I kinda agree that the TOJ lamb is glossy and thick, despite being soft, and therefore it gives a classical vibe that could be bikerish in certain designs. If you don't want this, I highly recommend the new TOJ goatskin. It's thinner, lighter, more matte, and has a slightly distressed feel. Would be great in a double rider type design.
Fit looks real good. Small armholes are a TOJ trademark. What's your take on the calf? I have a calf moto on the way and don't know what I am in for...
Does Brioni really claim to have invented a "cut" that anyone cares about? That is hilarious.
This photo nicely illustrates the properties of the goatskin that TOJ is currently using. It has a vintage, textured, kind of distressed feel right out of the box, though at the same time the softness and slight gloss give it a air of quality / refinement. If the black lamb is a "baller" material, I would describe the goat as "rogueish"
Crappy pics of a black goatskin A-2 below. Impressions: the biggest surprise is that the goatskin is basically as soft and pliable as the lamb, and lighter in weight. Definitely more luxurious than I was expecting. I think I sized it decently, though maybe could have gone a little looser at the waist (you can see from the zipped up shot that I am stretching out the ribbing).
Iron Heart 301
He is talking about cotton trousers that have much of the detailing of dress trousers - crease, waistband, trimmings, higher rise, etc - and can be worn with sportcoats. The cloth is usually finer than what you would get at RRL or whatever. Sometimes it can even have some cashmere blended in - Scabal makes a good example.
I have all of that stuff except- a second blue odd jacket- solid black knit/grenadine tie (want to cop this)- a DB suit- linen suit
The best part of upgrading from the 3G to the 4 was the massive improvement in speed/responsiveness (incidentally, it's those features that make androids feel so ghetto in comparison to iphones). Very excited to see how much it will improve with the A6 chip.
I would wait for the Samurais, no other black jean will come close