or Connect

Posts by johanm

In case anyone is interested in a soundtrack for TOJ:
Have been told directly by Robert Gillotte that T&A's "exclusive" fabrics are produced by Albini
I thought he was disapproving of people deviating from their stylistic identity (his being ivy league) on the weekends. The irony with those GATs is that visually they work perfectly with the casual dad outfit, but the history (Belgian reinterpretation of German army kit) could hardly be more inconsistent with an unadulterated ivy league aesthetic.(this post is intended only to bait vox...)
First do body, then measure a well fitting jacket and reconcile. Need to use your brain a little to ensure a good fit.
?
I have a lamb CM and have a calf 4-zip on the way. Have worn the lamb several times and it does not feel at all flimsy the way that H&M/Uniqlo jackets do. I think Drew has said that the thickness of the 2 leathers is the same, with twice the density on calf. I ordered calf not for durability/toughness, but so that I have 2 jackets with different types of patina. These are the pics that convinced me that having both wouldn't be redundant:
Spot on. Also it seems that if those MC'ers do venture beyond sportcoat and wingtips, they go straight to workwear/Americana, as though they are compelled to maintain some level of anachronism in their dress at all times.
seems like lots of people placed orders yesterday...sent payment last night and was quoted 5-8 weeks, and that's after the backlog had been cleared
placed order for black calf 4-zip moto with silver zips
It's a lame attention whoring marketing gimmick