or Connect

Posts by johanm

I feel like the thing with the A-2 is that you don't understand how much swagger it has until you actually wear it a few times, see everyone staring at it, etc. I only ordered it for the sake of variety and because of the TOJ cutoff. Now I understand the hype.
I am loving my black goatskin A-2. The lamb is thicker/warmer but the goat is water resistant and tougher, and in my opinion looks more expensive/high-end.On sizing, I'd say avoid the temptation to go too long; I'd frankly like to knock off 0.5 - 1 inch off mine (24" front length at height of 6'1")
This thread isn't about how NYC sucks on the whole, it's about how it sucks to be a commuter to a midtown office job (which to be fair, it really does).
The loafer is definitely 1 size up and the brogue is 1/2 size up, based on a consistent 32cm outsole measurement on all UK 10E pairs I have. Don't know about the other models.
The oxford fabric in that shirt has a lot of character. Am a fan of irregular / loose weaves and mottled colors in rustic fabrics like tweed, denim, oxford, etc.
In my experience of a dozen C&J pairs including 2 each from Barneys and RL, the US ones are usually marked 1 size up and slightly narrower in width. The one exception is the RL Darlton brogue which is the same width as the E fitting in the UK 325 last and only marked 1/2 size up. For all the others, I take a 10 UK or 11 US and the sizing is extremely consistent across the board.
Lafayette and Kenmare is worse, one of the biggest urban planning failures in NYC (maybe slight exaggeration)
Great looking jacket. Congrats on coming around to the MC groupthink that natural shoulders with little/no padding is a more comfortable and flattering jacket format (for most people) than conventional shoulder pads - see the Rubinacci or Anderson & Sheppard expats threads.That said, would not make the claim that "no one outside of Italy can even begin to replicate" as Brooks Bros and Anderson & Sheppard were pioneers of natural shoulders and today tailors all around the...
Sounds like everyone is surprised that SLP looks like DH. Was there anything ever to suggest that Hedi Slimane is a full fledged conceptual designer cum fashion philosopher, rather than a "lifestyle" designer with one signature look, like Tom Ford, Armani, Ralph Lauren, etc.?
Honestly it's beneficial for the forum when vendors participate to a reasonable extent, answer questions, once in a while show their goods. But to take over threads the way Luxire has is in bad form and spoils the vibe of the board.