or Connect

Posts by johanm

For sale is a pair of Shipton & Heneage "Fitzroy" black captoe oxfords, size UK 10E. This shoe is made by Crockett & Jones, on the 341 last. I bought the shoes in February 2013 and have worn them approx. 10 times. There is wear on the soles, as well as faint scuffing on the leather consistent with normal wear. Please refer to the pictures (note that shoe trees are not included). Retail is $385. They can be yours for $150, including priority shipping to CONUS. Please PM...
I realized I have far too many ties, so I'm selling nine items from my collection. Each one has been worn only once or twice. Price for each tie is listed in parentheses. Priority shipping to CONUS is a flat $7, regardless of how many you buy.EG Cappelli - Navy with Red/Beige Circles (Width: 3.5", Length: 59") ($SOLD) [[SPOILER]] Drakes - Black/cream houndstooth, Wool/Angora Blend (Width: 3.1", Length: 57") ($SOLD) [[SPOILER]] EG Cappelli - Yellow with Red/Blue Circles...
I believe the navy Steadfast hopsack number is 1561. It's easily the nicest blazer hopsack that I've personally seen.
I think 72 is a distinct last that doesn't "correspond" to another C&J last as such.
That 440 gram grey cavalry twill Rota swatch (477-11) looks like it would make a great pair of trousers.
I realized I have far too many ties, so I'm selling nine items from my collection. Each one has been worn only once or twice. Price for each tie is listed in parentheses. Priority shipping to CONUS is a flat $7, regardless of how many you buy.EG Cappelli - Navy with Red/Beige Circles (Width: 3.5", Length: 59") ($SOLD) [[SPOILER]] Drakes - Black/cream houndstooth, Wool/Angora Blend (Width: 3.1", Length: 57") ($SOLD) [[SPOILER]] EG Cappelli - Yellow with Red/Blue Circles...
Honestly after about 18 months of wear, I think the goat is much nicer than the lamb, as well as stronger. Might be in the minority though.
Depending on the color of the shirt, you could also use peroxide to remove a blood stain.
Maybe it's a last-by-last thing or handgrade vs. benchgrade. I have experience with the Finsbury (341 last, could not wear Barneys 11D but have same model in UK 10E) and the Chelsea 5 (335 last, UK 10E is too loose but Barneys 11D fits perfectly).
Do you guys actually have bad experiences with commercial laundry, or are you just not willing to take the risk? All my shirts get the standard wash/press treatment from the neighborhood laundry, and I've never had any problems. Most are 140/2 and 170/2 poplin, and some have been washed 30+ times.