or Connect

Posts by johanm

Depends on what you want and if the other guy can do it. I like Patrick because he's worked with a ton of SF posters in the past and is generally familiar with the terms/concepts discussed here, so it's easy to communicate my preferences.
Thanks tchoy. I know the longer one is more traditionally correct but I enjoy wearing a shorter jacket, as a matter of personal preference.
Posted some jackets upthread with my usual configuration - unpadded and short. Thought I would post one with their traditional Chan house style - longer jacket, structured shoulder. Cloth is Porter & Harding Glenroyal tweed (pardon the crease on the chest left; jacket was buried in a suitcase)A couple of the shorter/unpadded ones for comparison [[SPOILER]]
That's exactly how I feel about the BP, esp. the 5004/9 - can't begin to explain why, but it's more fun to put on than almost any other watch I've ever tried. One day...
That's right, I got an OCBD with their default specs and it's unlined. Will definitely get a (soft) interlining going forward. Otherwise the back of the collar collapses onto itself.
Whipcord, bedford cord, and cavalry twill also make for nice trousers and are a good cold weather alternative for those of us who have difficulty with fuzzy woollens on a daily basis. H&S have a good range of these in melanges of >1 colors.Separately, I received my first order of a sky blue OCBD and khaki twill chinos as well as swatches that I will upload to this thread. Overall fairly impressed and already planning my next order. A few impressions:-- the OCBD's buttons...
Kind of a douchebaggy way of putting it, but if that's what your customers respond to...
Good Q on the traveler's crease - would definitely be interested in this as well.On the DAKS adjusters, sitting aside, do you find that the elastic is strong enough to keep your trousers up while standing and walking, or are they always sliding?Also, does it appear that it would be possible to ever alter the waist on trousers with DAKS? I would assume not because of the elastic.
Sounds like a completely arbitrary rule...
I have similar dimensions and am in the same boat for trouser length - 8.25" on suits and heavy wool trousers, 8" on more casual trousers. My only additional caveat is that I need to have a decent trouser break or my legs will look like inverted carrots and/or my feet will look humongous. The amount of break shown in the pic of Cravate Noire above is about right for me.