or Connect

Posts by johanm

Really love both of these sportcoats emptym.However these pics, as well as the ones mafoofan posted, are turning me off cream squares altogether. I'm not a fan of the warm yellow/gold undertones juxtaposed against shirts with a white base.I always thought the cream color in question was off-white with a slight cool grey/pink tinge, like this:
Is it that unusual to desire a seconds hand on a watch? I know that sophisticated watch connoisseurs are supposed to appreciate the placid beauty of a 2 handed watch, but being able to glance at a sweeping seconds hand and sync it w/ my subjective time perception is probably my favorite part of wearing a watch.
Drew is definitely not going to declare bankruptcy. The only bankruptcy scenario is if Paypal goes after him for a 6 figure amount + interest + penalties etc. If enough customers coordinate together to where that becomes a realistic outcome, Drew would surely liquidate some assets or take out some personal loans to make it go away before Paypal gets involved.
You could try this shirt: http://www.kamakurashirts.net/shop/g/gPD9119103990/
In this scenario, would Paypal refund everyone and then go after Drew, even though the dispute window is over? Is there precedent for this type of thing?If so, this would be an insane ending to the TOJ saga.
Agree with this and posted about it a lot when Drew was soliciting "partners" a while back.The low price and SW&D forum focus were a great way to build rep and get free PR and overall worked magnificently - to this day there are plenty loyal early customers that continue to defend TOJ and Drew's integrity notwithstanding the current fiasco. And regardless of anything that's happened in the past year, we all know that if Drew posted tomorrow that MTM was back with an 8-week...
Think this is unrealistically charitable. Don't think it's plausible that anyone would be this unresponsive if there wasn't serious bad news that he's reluctant to deliver.Not to say it must be cash flow related. Could also be some major supply disruption - black lamb is unavailable or triple the price, jacket makers have retired or moved, etc.
I think Drew's response would be that this wasn't meant to be a real business, and in any event TOJ was in shutdown mode during all of these events.What's the solution if he's run out of cash and is only making enough money from the restaurant to produce jackets at a very slow pace? Some type of bailout loan?
Oh I agree - my post was just a tangent since you mentioned fake PAMs. Agree with you both on buying the real thing*, and on working with reputable 2nd hand dealers, which is especially important given how sophisticated fakes are getting.* the one caveat is that having read up on fakes does probably bias me slightly toward watches with features that can't be cheaply reproduced. E.g., unique materials, thin movements, certain complications, etc. In a way it helps inform the...
A while back I researched fake watches out of curiosity. Overall it's a fascinating and deep world. Three findings stood out:- generally, the replica manufacturers don't have a problem getting the right shapes for the cases/bracelets. They might use software to get the machining exact. What distinguishes the "better" fakes is the smaller details on the dial, hands, etc.- the most accurate fakes available are Panerais. They've developed 99.999% replicas of the base...