or Connect

Posts by johanm

$750 is an incredible deal for a new Monitor down IMO. Wore mine in ~50 degree temp today as I misjudged the NYC weather. Still perfectly comfortable since the sleeves are coreloft so don't feel sweaty (yet equally warm/comfy over just a T-shirt in 25-30 deg temps earlier this week).
Would you mind elaborating on your free returns policy - like do you provide a prepaid label or something? Have had difficulty with returning items to Canada in the past because of the notoriously difficult Canadian customs process etc. Thanks!
Looks great to me. Not sure whether this addresses your specific concern with the shoulders, but my experience with the brown goatskin was after 10 or so wears it softened/relaxed considerably and the "boxy" feel of the jacket went away.
I've bought robes from Restoration Hardware as gifts a couple of times, seem to have gone over pretty well. They have both cashmere and terry in a few different options.
Picked up this season's Monitor Down coat. The patterning is incredible - it's uncanny how they've managed to design a full fledged down parka to be so comfy and flattering.
Chicago seems like a tricky place to figure out where to open a flagship store. Chicago-based posters can correct me if I'm off base, but I'd guess that Uniqlo target demos don't do much shopping on Michigan Avenue, and it's not a city where there are masses of shopping focused tourists all year round like NYC/London, nor is there a huge Asian/Asian-influenced population like in California.
It's also hard to compare clothes retail prices with car/house prices. We don't know much about Mr. P's inventory or sales volume, all we know is an original offer price that in many cases is slashed by up to 70% during sales season. Also some of the pricing is surely designed to build brand equity/signal a price of entry for a given brand, in contrast to just maxing profits on the given item. Say Tom Ford sells 50 units of the $2k sweater but would have sold 1000 units of...
To some extent retailers need a reason for people to come back to their sites, lest they run off to another site with a current sale or fresh drop, or start exploring different brands/trends.On Jet's points about pricing, are we sure that the prices actually reflect what the market will bear, or are they attempts to figure out what prices will be tolerated in these nascent/expanding markets (hypebeasts/menswear/etc.)? If the latter, think some of those prices will prove...
Could you elaborate? I based my post on some articles from last year about Carlo Brandelli returning as creative director of Kilgour (e.g. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/923dc9b0-633b-11e3-a87d-00144feabdc0.html ).Pics of Brandelli: [[SPOILER]]
There are some contemporary minded Savile Row tailors that are targeting a demographic of guys that are into SLP etc. rather than the old British/Italian aesthetic. E.g. Kilgour: [[SPOILER]]