or Connect

Posts by Rangoe

Well, I was able to find some great RRLs after all; acquired several pairs in the last week, some cheaper than others. I have two questions, though: 1. The color for one pair was only available in a straight leg, which is a fit I'm not crazy about (I prefer slim boot or plain slim). Would it not be advisable for me to try to have a tailor taper them at the leg just a bit for a better fit? 2. I'm wondering if someone can break down the full care for RRL selvedge...
Quote: Originally Posted by Left Eye Anyone here from SF Bay Area been to RL on Fillmore recently? Do you guys recall what kind of RRL denim was in stock? I won't be able to go until the weekend. The brown they have at Fillmore is amazing. It's straight leg, though, which is a bummer (for my tastes, anyway), but the color is fantastic.
Quote: Originally Posted by Left Eye @Simontuntelder is that seller legit? 100% authentic? Hmmm...is finding fakes through E-bay a common thing? I had thought, perhaps naively, that if the seller had ratings in the 99-100% and displayed the item with tags that it couldn't be fake, but who knows - maybe there's a whole industry of fakes out there?
Quote: Originally Posted by zinman74 Have a question or two about RRL jeans. I saw the Slim fit in GQ this month. They looked very nice, so I figured why not. I have lost some weight recently and toned up a bit and my previous nice denim was getting a bit baggy. I went to San Francisco, the RRL store on Post St. had a 36/32 which is my old size, however, these fit nicely, slim but not tight orskinny and I could see right away that they were quality. They...
Also.... I found some RRL 28s on E-bay that I really like...however, the length is 34 when I'm usually 30. Now, I've sometimes bought them at 32 and had them tailored, no problem. However, will cutting the hem down from 34 to 30 make any difference in the fit because I'm taking a larger chunk out, or is this not really an issue? Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by el duderino Colored denim are seasonal washes and limited to specific cuts, so unless they made that color/cut combo for the season that are showing up on ebay, you aren't going to find it, let alone your size. If you don't mind paying retail, there are a pair of brown and green denim for SS11, but I forget which cuts they are. The green one is either low straight or slim fit and a nice shade of green. The brown was similar...
I've been shocked by how difficult it's been to find a 28 waist pair of slim fit RRL jeans...far less in a color I would want. There are a precious few on E-bay, but none in, say, the dark brown or olive. I stopped by the Ralph Lauren store in San Francisco listed on the first page of this thread (the store on Post, Crocker Galleria), they had no 28s (or 29s for that matter) and only had two generic pairs of the boot cut in the standard blue. Very little RRL,...
Hey guys, I already have the kind of peacoat that is usually discussed here - the warm, navy type for winter - and am very pleased with it. I wasn't really planning on having any other type of peacoat (no point, right?), until I saw the lightweight one below from French Connection. Really like the color, which is refreshing in contrast to the darker ones J. Crew is offering. Opinions?
Apparently, one can order Uniqlo and have it shipped over the phone even though they technically don't have an online store, correct? Two questions: - Would Uniqlo, which is a lower-end brand, have a very thin/lightweight sweater? - They have many varieties - would it be the cashmere, cotton, cotton-linen, etc? Thanks again. Any other suggestions??
Hi, Any pointers would be much appreciated, as I've exhausted many of my usual places. I'm looking for a V-neck sweater, but I'd like something lightweight....much thinner & more fitted than a woolly one meant for colder weather. I'd prefer something in black or light gray. I've looked at many of the standard places - J. Crew, Club Monaco, etc - but they don't have anything of this sort, more of the slightly thicker sweaters. My previous one, which has now...