or Connect

Posts by Rangoe

Agree, Bill - they look too big, especially if you're going for a slim fit. My rule of thumb is to buy them as tightly as they will fit, even if it's uncomfortable. After a few months, they fit perfectly, as opposed to the ones that feel comofrtable at the store and then you have to be holding up with a belt. Interesting that someone got a discount on RRL...willing to swing by the SF store to see....
Hi, I've learned the hard way to always go as tight as I possibly can. Even if it's uncomfortable, even if I have to suck in my stomach, those are the jeans to buy. Over time, anything that feels, "Oh, good, this fits me fine" comfortable will stretch out, then you have to hold it up with a belt and feel ridiculous. The jeans are no longer comfortable. You're better off having discomfort first, then breaking them into a fitting pair of jeans. You've gone too tight...
Quote: Originally Posted by kmdsimpson I think these are different colors, for example: http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-MEN...ht_9078wt_1139 http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-RRL...ht_8610wt_1139 But I can't tell if the darker brown are the same shade as the greenish ones. They're not - the greenish ones are 'antique olive", not coffee, which is a dark brown. I already ordered a pair of green ones at about $100 (only ones available in my...
Hi - wasn't sure waist sizes varied in RRL according to jean type. I have a straight, a slim, and a slim bootcut, and am a 28 in all of them. Admittedly, the straight is a little tighter but that's because the high rise lands the button on a part where my stomach portrudes just a bit more, as opposed to below the stomach (lower rise).
What do you guys think about these green RRL slim bootcut jeans that a few vendors have on E-bay? Been toying with buying a pair...best price is at around $100, new. I usually wouldn't wear green jeans, but the tone here seems somewhat subdued because it's darker, and closer to brown. Still, don't know...what do you guys think? Here's one of them: http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-RALPH-LAUREN...item20b80d9c36
Quote: Originally Posted by NAMOR 2040 Fillmore Street. Its a RRL/RL hybrid store Yeah, the Fillmore store has the best stock, and if they don't have it, they'll take out the catalogue and show you what can be ordered for that season. But, for those of us who were already at Fillmore...what about Bay area outlets that might have RRL? Is there anything at all?
To follow up on the posts a couple of pages ago on soap & washing, I found the link below by searching through SF. Pretty comprehensive. Apparently, dry cleaning isn't very advisable after all; and it's interesting that he recommends the soft & organic Dr Bronner's as soap for when they do need to be washed. http://www.styleforum.net/archive/in...p/t-68358.html
Quote: Originally Posted by ataru Rangoe, I wouldn't recommend tapering jeans that already have a wash/distressing. It'll throw off the artificial honeycombs, probably mess up the look of the fading by the seams. Besides, even if you taper them a pair of straights will still have that huge rise. Thanks...yeah, I figured it might not be a good idea to mess with the fit. The main thing I have to get used to, as you point out, is the...
Quote: Originally Posted by NAMOR I will never ever again wash any jeans in a washer. Period. I did this once with a pair of Levis and I got the most disgusting and uneven distressing imaginable. I now clean my jeans by throwing them into a large bin of warm water with Woolite and just spin them around with my hand for about 2 minutes. Then i hang dry them. I soak/wash my jeans about every 2-3 months depending on wear. And I dont wash soak/wash my jeans...
Hi, I've never tried Uniqlo on before but want to do my first phone order this week because I keep hearing excellent things and have seen a few cool pieces on a friend of mine from NYC. I have a quick question on sizing - does it usually run smaller or larger than most American brands? Say, if I'm an XS in both Banana Republic & J Crew, would I also be an XS in Uniqlo? Cheers, thanks for the input.....