or Connect

Posts by dave

Quote: Originally Posted by v0rtex Alfie Hume (humemodern.com) did an incredible job with restoring my trashed Craigslisted Eames lounge. Cost around $1,000 to have all the panels completely refinished, drill holes (!) filled in, new shockmounts fitted, shipping, etc. Je-Zus! this thing is awesome! Apparently they replaced the sown fill pads and retained the original leather. that's something I'd kill for since the patina on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Yo-han lol, US prices for eames stuff is around half of what you pay in europe, a new lounge chair + ottoman would run me around $8000 over here.. no joke huh? and with the way people run on and on around here about the perceived quality and value of a $600 windbreaker or a $200 sweatshirt, you'd think that furniture would fall in line accordingly.
Quote: Originally Posted by shoreman1782 Nice. There's a guy selling one here for $1300. Original, not a repro, but needs reupholstering. Trying to convince my wife (and myself) that's in our budget If it is an original, at 1300 it's a STEAL! in my experience though, if you're trying to keep it original, the refurb will cost at least that much again. totally worth it though. I just recently bought an original florence knoll sofa that needs...
Quote: Originally Posted by shoreman1782 Doesn't say much for the flavor of tequila. but it speaks VOLUMES about the 'taste' of the people who would go see a NOFX show.
Run flats are not a perfect alternative to a spare anyhow. I have run flats atm and will be getting rid of them when i can decide on a new set of wheels. just get an emergency patch kit and a small compressor and you're in just as good a place as you would be with run flats.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sherman90 Word of advice: ditch the run-flats altogether. Get yourself some normal tires. They soften the ride and don't cost an arm and a leg to replace. I'll never, ever go back to run-flats. +1 Run flats are garbage.
Fat Mike is a piece of shit. Always has been, always will be.
I've done mine the same way for 20 years and never had any problems. just use regular old Kiwi (cordovan or black) lay it on with a polish dauber and wait about 10 minutes or so. Then I buff them with a brush and polish with an old shoe bag like there's no tomorrow. they'll shine up like a new penny and last forever.
Quote: Originally Posted by blofeld A5 2.0 is definitely for girls. It's as gay as a 328 coupe. you sir. are an idiot.