or Connect

Posts by dave

I'm in Dallas but it's nice to know the pricing is insane everywhere. even the poorly reupholstered ones around here go for 6-8k and they'll need a complete reupholstery to make em right. all this makes the modernica pieces ULTRA inviting.
this is total stereotypical bullshit.1. I'm 36, not 302. my glasses are horn, not black3. I'm from Dallas not Berlin.
You're just down the street from the largest privately help ad agency in the country you know. DFW has a bunch of agency work actually so you'll be in a good place when you're ready to get started.
I have an 09 Clubman S and I love it. I would say go new if you can. the residual value on these things is so high that you don't gain much in the way of a discount by buying used. Spring for the "Lounge Leather" interior too, I have it in mine and it's freakin awesome. I wouldn't own one without a sunroof either. it's like driving a coffin. I would NOT, however, add the sport package. I have it now and the ride is pretty harsh. the trade off in comfort doesn't yield...
i have one of their shell rockers and it's great. the quality is far superior to the injection molded plastic shells herman miller sells these days. i've been eyeballing a papa bear from them. there's a shop here in town that has a few originals but they're considerably more expensive. like, one of them is 12k. I'd be willing to take a chance on their upholstered pieces.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pilot I have a fairly irrational fear. Every time I get off an elevator I'm always afraid that I'm going to drop my keys and they will fall through the small crack between the floor and the elevator and fall to the bottom of the elevator shaft. So I always keep my keys in my pocket or have a death grip on them when I exit an elevator. it's not irrational at all. i watched a guy drop his room key down that wee crack...
If you like Jazz, there's no need to go to JazzFest in NOLA. there's none left. the schedule caters more and more to the dirty hippies every year. It's probably still fun, though I havent been since I moved away in 05 so I can't really say. It has gotten bigger exponentially each year though so overcrowding is a real issue.
If I was only buying one pair of PS shoes right now it'd likely be the navy dip dye millers. that said, I'm on the fence whether or not to order the plum suede millers right now since I have navy brogues already but nothing nearly as offensive as those plum jobbers. I also love the Iggys though...
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel Bull Terriers are very nice, easygoing, very playful dogs in my experience. Probably not too highly trainable. Potential for dog aggression, but not as pronounced as some other bull breeds. Somewhat subject to Sudden Onset Rage Syndrome--if there really is such a thing. (I gather it's controversial.) thanks again! that really reinforces all i have heard and read about them. my main question about her...