or Connect

Posts by majorhancock

Can anyone point me to some history on why/where/when double-breasted jackets were introduced? They've always seemed unnecessarily fussy to me. I'd like to know the full story, but in the meantime, it seems to me that they must have been invented so that the wearer could button either right over left, or left over right, depending upon .... what? Was it some sort of social indicator? Lower classes buttoned right over left; higher classes left over right? Or perhaps...
Found these on a random photo blog with no attribution, links, info, etc. I'm obsessed with the top shoe. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I just had a Hugo shirt altered (sleeves shortened) at an alterations shop on Hollywood Boulevard. The owner gets nothing but raves on Yelp, but I just picked up the shirt today and found that he had stapled the ticket to the collar of the shirt. When he got the shirt from the rack, he pulled the ticket off, leaving two staple holes in the collar. I started to say something then and there, but the shop was full of customers and there was nothing he could have done in...
Porsche 996 Carrera, seen here in "desert stealth" mode in Joshua Tree National Park.
Shoe-perb!
Mine is Joshua Tree, in California's Mojave Desert: Click "I AGREE" below to consign your first-born to eternal damnation and watch the YouTube video (CAUTION: The video may not load, in which case Styleforums is indemnified in courts national, international, planetary and celestial, henceforth and forevermore. ). Alternatively, just click the image above to play the video. IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link...
Little Island Sushi, Sherman Oaks Have had lunch here a few times (to the tune of $40+ for one) but it's one of the best-kept sushi secrets in L.A. Leagues above Matsuhisa. Upstairs, in a completely unassuming location (as it would be in Tokyo) in an upscale strip mall at 14622 Ventura Blvd. If you live in L.A. and love sushi, *rush* there. Sushi-meisters Eo and Yoshi will take care of you. Don't fail to order the beef tataki sashimi, the Spanish mackerel (flown in...
This is no doubt politically incorrect, but it's hilarious. Click I AGREE below to view: IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g....
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media...