or Connect

Posts by CousinDonuts

A non-casual Friday in the office, which is sadly located far far away from Lake Como.
I have the same fabric coming my way in the next week as well.@socal - if you want really really trim, then you may need to do more. 1cm is not a lot. I'm not a pro at this stuff, but I will add that I think the jacket looks long and may need more than 1.5cm. More like 1.5 inches. Or perhaps I am seeing the wind blowing up the back vents and it looks bigger.By lowering the button stance 1cm, that means it is 96% where you want it, but you make a little tweak? Again,...
43,875 + 25 = 43,900
The havana does not look too long. The DB is giving you an A-line look, like a woman's skirt.
It definitely feels cheaper to me too because of the texture. I like to see texture, not feel it, if it isn't a F/W jacket. I've never owned a hopsack, so I can't compare, but I literally thought "I wonder if this is supposed to be like hopsack." I was expecting it to have the same feel as the navy.
Yesterday I had 2 coffin boxes sitting on my deck. I ordered the same blue that se4n got, plus the wool-linen jacket that someone else posted pictures of about 75 posts ago. Here is a picture of the blue next to the navy version. As se4n said, it is not as bright blue as on the website. Here is the close up of the texture. It is a bit of a rough texture to the touch. This may sound weird, but it almost has the touch sort of like a canvas or nylon jacket. Each...
^ shoulders look pretty clean. Maybe a nip to the front waist. someone will bitch about the closed quaters If that is the blue wool, I have that same jacket sitting in a box on my front porch. @ Szeph, people comment on what they don't understand, or aren't willing to do. I like it.
40,493 + 25 = 40,518
@irock - I can't decide on the shoulders, in the pic it looks like there is a bit of an overhang. But perhaps it is a function of the type of shoulder and how the sleevehead is attached? That is beyond my limited expertise. It is not egregious. I think it fits well through the body. Agree that you could taper the legs a little more, and play with the length.
Wider compared to other SS lines.For comparison, I own the same size in a napoli, lazio, and havana. The Napoli is definitely wider in the shoulders compared to the other 2.When I first discovered Suit Supply, I was still in department store suit mode. I found that the Napoli fit in the shoulders similar to what I had purchased in the past, so I have been happy sticking with that size.That being said, good starting point is to pull the shoulder measurement off the...