or Connect

Posts by Bingham

While I don't have a picture of my the back of my exact boots, this is what my boots looked like before sending them back for repair.Maybe there are slight variances in how they do the pull straps, but regardless, mine looked pretty terrible.
I know! I was astounded. How could you every think that looks okay?
so, full disclosure, I plan to use this post to vent a bit. I ordered a pair of Bounty Hunters from Bakers back in the summer and was quite pleased with how they turned out. Total production time of under 5 weeks, so no complaints there either. After just a handful of wears, one of the pull straps tore so I sent them back. I checked in with Baker's after 4 weeks or so to see if there were any updates. They informed me that the boots had to sent back to White's to replace...
I hear ya- this is my second pair and I'd only worn them a handful of times before the strap tore. Fortunately, it has been too hot for boots for the most part down here in the durty south.
Any idea how long it typically takes for Bakers to turn around on a repair? The pull straps on one of my boots tore and I sent it back a few weeks ago- I know they received the boots September 23, but haven't heard anything from them since. I realize that it hasn't been that long- just wanted to know what the turn around time for others has been.
Thanks for letting me know- sorry again!
While I did put some pressure on it, it shouldn't have been enough to tear. I was surprised by the ease at which it tore, and upon inspection of the other (non-torn) pull tab, I noticed a notch, if that is the correct term around the the same spot where the other tab tore. If this notch existed on the the damaged tab, it may very well have caused the tear.The boots are lined- hopefully they replace the whole tab and don't simply stitch it up (which may be problematic...
So I ordered a pair of SJs from Bakers recently and after only a handful of wears, the pull tab on one of the boots has begun to tear. Not the seam but the actual leather (chromexcel). Before I contact Bakers, I wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else and if I should expect them to fix it? In my opinion the pull tabs should be functional, no just aesthetic.
Yep- soft toe. My SD's have the celastic toe and wanted something a little sleeker this time around.
So here are my new Bounty Hunters: black chromexcel w/ navy chromexcel tongue, nickel hardware, 1/4" lowered block heal, close trim. I tried to capture the navy tongue but the lighting isn't great. Needless to say, the contrast is subtle. They are a bit roomier than my SD, but I think with some insoles, they will be a perfect fit. Probably won't get much wear out of them until it starts to cool down, but I think they are beautiful boots!