or Connect

Posts by JayGatsby

Quote: Originally Posted by Renault78law Partners leave. Clients leave. Law firms close every day. Just never thought it would happen to me. I always understood the practice of law. I understood the importance of developing into a well rounded attorney. I understood the importance of networking and developing your own clients. So how did I end up as one of those associates that sits around in his office waiting for work? Easy. Big paychecks,...
I've seen it done with blue blazers, but w/ other sports jacket, I just wouldn't go 4 it, but that's just me. To each their own! J.
Indeed! J.
1. light pink shirt w/ solid dark red tie 2. light pink shirt w/ contrasting white collar w/ solid silver colored tie Those 2 would look great w/ your new navy suit. As 4 khakis w/o jacket, light blue, light pink, & white shirts would look great. You can get them in solid, or in patterns, but stay away from french cuffs, they're dressier shirts. IMO, they're intended to be worn w/ suits. As 4 ties, wear striped, patterned, plaided, & if you're wearing a...
Anything, but black, IMO. J.
Since this suit appears to be more hip & modern, I'd certainly agree that it would be better to have it hemmed than cuffed. Congrats, on your new job & new suits, & good luck! J.
Nope, but too flashy. I like your avatar, Nina Mercedez is hot! Jay Gatsby
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton You rarely see odd vests worn with suits, but it is done by men who like to dress, and it was historically a sharp look. The typical odd vest to be worn with a city suit would be plain wool or linen in a light color like cream or buff or dove gray: Keep in mind that in 2007 this is an anachronistic look, and quite dandified. It looks great, but it WILL get noticed. I like Fred Astaire's ensemble...
I'm 22 as well and I normally wear a black pinstripe suit, with a light pink,white, or light blue dress shirt, double sided cuff links, made of either sterling silver or gold, braces, black cap toes, pocket square, and boutonniere. Sometimes I wear different jewelry (collar bar, or tie bar) depending on the ensemble. Sometimes I wear bow ties too. I always wear my dad's hand me down wedding ring (my dad doesn't wear any kind of jewelry), and I've never had any trouble...
It depends on the kind of job, really. If you're a sales person for Brooks Brothers, then I think that it's absolutely fine to wear pocket squares. I wear pocket squares and boutonnieres with my suits during my free time, but never to work, I don't want to get noticed there, but to be taken seriously. If the boss doesn't wear a pocket square, then I think you shouldn't. Besides, you can always go to the theater, a nightclub, or just go on a romantic date with your...