or Connect

Posts by MrInvariant

Any progress?
Quote: Originally Posted by michael_legeek ... it means this is a core-spun yarn, consisting of a strong poly core with wool sheathing. This would, for example, allow them to use a less-strong grade of wool... So you're saying that not only the fabric contains polyester, the wool is lower quality than usual, too? Well at least this makes it easier to decide for those who were hesitating...
Quote: Originally Posted by linsook Full canvassing that extends into the lapel, like it should, is what I would really like to see in Indochino suits but not a deal breaker for me. AFAIK the lapel is canvassed. Quote from here: "Suits have been upgraded and now feature canvas also throughout the lapels, as well as an option for more natural shoulders."
Quote: Originally Posted by raphael__n The new collection is out. I just went to check my account for remake progress and found a Mad Men style of advertising on the front page. There are three new suits and six shirts. No outerwear so far. It seems important given the weather is changing. About the new 'collection'... Why they keep pushing those 3 piece suits is beyond me. At least they should make the vest optional. And the...
Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier Wasted effort Inferior construction Inferior fabrics Mediocre finished product Wasted time without a properly fitting suit Annoyance Wasted time waiting for them to fix Time spent where that money isn't earning interest, etc. How much is an hour of your life worth? What is wrong with the construction compared to a suit in the same (or slightly higher) price range? And how exactly is the...
It seems that not many people here know MOP button suppliers (which is not really surprising ), so we might just as well create a poll about the thickness/other properties, and simply report the results to MT and trust that they'll find an appropriate supplier? What do you guys think?
Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier I am going to be "that guy" for a moment. TaT used to get lots of flack for improper fits - but Indochino seems to be far worse than any TaT I've seen. So after seeing these poorly fitting suits and reading these stories I am compelled to ask - why do people keep ordering from them? Cheaper than most local MTM places Dirt cheap with the better coupon codes Fully canvased construction Fit is hopefully...
Quote: Originally Posted by winston For those of you staunchly opposed to the keeping of gloves in the breast pocket. That must be the lowest armhole I have ever seen!