or Connect

Posts by MrInvariant

Quote: Originally Posted by Maccimus Close quarter and camera angle make him look short. I guess he is at least 180cm, judging from the shirt picture. The photos were taken at a slight downward angle (i.e. from an elevated position). I'm 190cm. Quote: Originally Posted by Annadale So he charges $250 dollars per fitting! Shureley shome mishtake?!? Should he not fit and refit until he gets it to your satisfaction? Well...
Quote: Originally Posted by Maccimus Now you know you should always insist a forward fitting at least. Actually you are not a difficult case but one fitting simply can't make it perfect as you may expect. Maybe it is the price point? Sounds quite cheap to Japanese bespoke. I thought that the forward fitting is already too late to adjust the shoulders... I don't think the price point is the issue since one basted fitting costs $250, so he could...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shirtmaven where was the suit made? i think it was cut on a pattern a size to large. fronts are too large/needs more supression. I have seen a lot worse I will mention this to my tailor. It was made here: Aihara Tailor Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier I am relatively bespoke illiterate, but isn't a single basted fitting usually at least one too few to nail bespoke...
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartangels Why is it so shiny? I'm guessing it's because of the camera flash/lighting. It's not shiny in real life.
Thank you for the comments, and looking forward to hearing more. @Maccimus: good call on the quarters, I will opt for more open quarters next time. I just realized that I forgot to include the compulsory 'learning to fly' action shots!! So here they are:
Hello, This is my first attempt at bespoke suiting... The suit was made with a single basted fitting. The fabric is VBC Super 110s. Cost was around 1350 USD. Right shoulder has some slight padding, left shoulder has just a very thin layer. I would appreciate some input on: how to instruct my tailor for the next time, armhole (I asked for smaller armhole, do you think I should ask for even smaller? My goal is to get more freedom in movement. Should I change the way the...
Quote: Originally Posted by LorenzL You're not the only one wondering about that, i will contact Angie and let you know back. Thanks! I'm looking forward to hearing the updates.
Quote: Originally Posted by uluvbs ... I feel the shoulders are too narrow. The shoulder width is personal preference (to some extent). If the shoulders are not unacceptably narrow, then I think I would not request a remake just because of this. Just be sure to communicate your preference for the next time.
What do you guys think about the tweed suit? I don't know what to think... Seems like unconventional use of tweed, but interesting at the same time. I have the Essential Charcoal suit from Indochino. After purchasing it, having it altered, and wearing it for some time, I realized that the style is too slim for my taste (especially the arms & legs). I noticed that the more recent suits appear to be a more normal (as opposed to slim) cut, but I'm wondering whether I...
Quote: Originally Posted by moderntailoremma ... We have already created a policy to make the IP check just a supplement filter. It will not be considered a significant or relevant 'check' for referrals. Thank you for your reply Emma. I'll e-mail you when my referral places her next order. Quote: Originally Posted by moderntailoremma 2. We have cotton lycra fabrics which are perfect for comfortable yet perfect fitting...