or Connect

Posts by MrInvariant

Quote: Originally Posted by Shirtmaven where was the suit made? i think it was cut on a pattern a size to large. fronts are too large/needs more supression. I have seen a lot worse I will mention this to my tailor. It was made here: Aihara Tailor Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier I am relatively bespoke illiterate, but isn't a single basted fitting usually at least one too few to nail bespoke...
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartangels Why is it so shiny? I'm guessing it's because of the camera flash/lighting. It's not shiny in real life.
Thank you for the comments, and looking forward to hearing more. @Maccimus: good call on the quarters, I will opt for more open quarters next time. I just realized that I forgot to include the compulsory 'learning to fly' action shots!! So here they are:
Hello, This is my first attempt at bespoke suiting... The suit was made with a single basted fitting. The fabric is VBC Super 110s. Cost was around 1350 USD. Right shoulder has some slight padding, left shoulder has just a very thin layer. I would appreciate some input on: how to instruct my tailor for the next time, armhole (I asked for smaller armhole, do you think I should ask for even smaller? My goal is to get more freedom in movement. Should I change the way the...
Quote: Originally Posted by LorenzL You're not the only one wondering about that, i will contact Angie and let you know back. Thanks! I'm looking forward to hearing the updates.
Quote: Originally Posted by uluvbs ... I feel the shoulders are too narrow. The shoulder width is personal preference (to some extent). If the shoulders are not unacceptably narrow, then I think I would not request a remake just because of this. Just be sure to communicate your preference for the next time.
What do you guys think about the tweed suit? I don't know what to think... Seems like unconventional use of tweed, but interesting at the same time. I have the Essential Charcoal suit from Indochino. After purchasing it, having it altered, and wearing it for some time, I realized that the style is too slim for my taste (especially the arms & legs). I noticed that the more recent suits appear to be a more normal (as opposed to slim) cut, but I'm wondering whether I...
Quote: Originally Posted by moderntailoremma ... We have already created a policy to make the IP check just a supplement filter. It will not be considered a significant or relevant 'check' for referrals. Thank you for your reply Emma. I'll e-mail you when my referral places her next order. Quote: Originally Posted by moderntailoremma 2. We have cotton lycra fabrics which are perfect for comfortable yet perfect fitting...
I'm a beginner so take my opinion with a pinch of salt, but I'd say that the HB jacket is slightly too large for you (extra fabric at chest, etc.). It's difficult to judge the length from the pictures but going by the 'end of thumb' rule, the length of the MJ seems just about right. I personally like if the jacket just covers my butt or just a tad longer, and use this criteria rather than the 'end of thumb rule.' The notch on MJ lapel is quite a bit lower than on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by gamma1234 Just don't mention the SF discount codes the next time you refer someone to MT Ahaha, great solution!