or Connect

Posts by Simplicio

I just wanted to cast another vote for keeping Bigi ties at 9 cm. I am obsessive enough to notice the difference between 9 and 8.5, and it is one of the main reasons I really like the Bigi selection. I might not buy them if the width were 8.5, certainly not if it was 8. I agree that a wider tie is better with wider lapels. The other reason to buy them, of course, is that they are excellent. If they are not selling then guys in this thread need to look again.
The new Formosa suits seem to have slightly different measurements from past seasons. The shoulders seem a little narrower. Has the basic fit been changed?
I'm still looking hard at Eidos. I would like to try a suit, but I would need a 48 trouser and 50 jacket. If anyone out there takes a 50 trouser and 48 jacket, pm me and we may be able to work something out. The grey/brown glen plaid, perhaps?
Thanks TO. No, I went TTS on these. I believe that was Mike's recommendation. It was the 100% linen on the EFF that he recommended sizing up for. I am indeed a Rudy man. These seem to fit comparably to other fabrics. I do recommend this cotton-linen blend. I can't see what's not to like.
Warm weather arrived today so I took the new cotton-linen trousers out for a spin. I've been won over. And in case you were considering the burnt orange color, I think it is pretty understated and wearable. Nothing to fear.
I feel pretty happy with this new Eidos cut. I can see myself wearing this beige chunky hopsack all summer long.
Four pairs Epaulet trousers BNWT, size 33 Rudy fit. These are beautiful summer trousers, three in linen and one in cotton. These were made from a special promotion from fabrics not generally available. The "Rudy" fit has slightly more room in the hips are thighs. It is ideal for guys who work out but still want a slim fit. Measurements: Waist: 34", thigh: 12.25, leg opening: 8.25", Rise: 12.5, length unfinished, about 37". Because these are lighter weight fabrics they...
Four pairs Epaulet trousers BNWT, size 33 Rudy fit. These are beautiful summer trousers, three in linen and one in cotton. These were made from a special promotion from fabrics not generally available. The "Rudy" fit has slightly more room in the hips are thighs. It is ideal for guys who work out but still want a slim fit. Measurements: Waist: 34", thigh: 12.25, leg opening: 8.25", Rise: 12.5, length unfinished, about 37". Because these are lighter weight fabrics...
Just saw the new cotton Rotas. Do these run slimmer than Rotas in wool?
Is the fit of the Rota linen trousers comparable to the wool from F/W? I found those (flannel) just a little too slim for me. But if the linen is slimmer I wondered if sizing up might be worth a try.