or Connect

Posts by Simplicio

Has anyone picked up the Bonafe in walnut suede? I notice that it doesn't seem to be as much of a hit as some of the other models, especially Carmina. Price is probably a factor, but I wondered if you also find that the color is more difficult than, say, the Carmina fox suede. You can't always tell from the web.
I had the same question. I also wondered if the sizing up recommendation might extend to the hopsack, fresco, and other lightweight fabrics.
Alden Boots: Captoe, Grant Last, Cigar shell, Commando sole, speed hooks, in size 9.5D. The boots are 2 years old and have been worn about 30 times. They can last much longer. They are very beautiful and have always received compliments. I have just decided that the Grant last does not work for me. Can ship anywhere. PM if interested.
Alden Boots: Captoe, Grant Last, Cigar shell, Commando sole, speed hooks, in size 9.5D. The boots are 2 years old and have been worn about 30 times. They can last much longer. They are very beautiful and have always received compliments. I have just decided that the Grant last does not work for me. Can ship anywhere. PM if interested.
The vanilla bean linen appears to be excellent. Who doesn't need this? It should already have sold out.
I love these boots. Thanks for posting. Are these the WWII boots? Are these Oscar last?
Great look. I finally received my cream of wheat Rudys today. I already love the fabric. It is just what I had been looking for. I know it is too late for this year, but it would great to have this or some other off-white flannel for MTO next year.
Some NMWA from today: Begg scarf, Formosa Fox flannel suit, and Tie Your Tie rhubarb and cream tie.
These are the taupe suede. They have a slightly greenish cast in some indoor light, which you see on the NMWA pictures. But in sunlight they look much more grey.
Very good choice. I am quite pleased with mine. But I found that I did not like the rubber sole. It was too squishy. It was like standing on, well, "butta". So I had them re-soled in Dainite. Strong work by the Shoe Healer: