or Connect

Posts by Sheumack

Quote: Originally Posted by TheWraith Thanks for the comments, guys, good, bad and more. I won't be changing anything on these, I like them as they are. Trust me, though, this doesn't look like RTW in the flesh. The posted photos are crappy with even crappier lighting. In person they look much better. Just shows the limitations of bad photos on a message forum. Sorry to ask the crude question, but what did Zink charge you for the suit? S.
Before SF: After SF:
I spoke to a podiatrist about this. First and foremost, a shoes needs to fit properly. An ill-fitting shoe will cause all sorts of problems, irrespective of the sole material. Other than that: - If you walk miles in your shoes, rubber is better. It has better energy return and puts less strain on the foot, ankle, leg and knee bones. - Rubber soles should still have some slip, as this is a natural part of walking. Shoes that make you feel like you are walking with...
Avoid the cheaper Loakes. I picked up a Loake from Herring. Its effectively a Loake 747 with full leather lining in Black Polished Leather. It uses the 3625 last. Its not that great. It feels cheap, even for the price. The leather gets very stiff and hard, and should I use them two days in a row off a tree (like when travelling for work), the leather gets very stiff. I've definitely done better with Barker, Grenson and now Cheaney. Still... good all-round...
I've just taken a delivery of Raleigh II shoes in Green Burnished Calf (gotta love the clearance links on Herring) Stunning. . Beautiful leather. Suprisingly light. Smells like a freshly mown cow. Perfect fit: Which means its probably a slightly wide last compared to many. For comparison Herring Cheaney last 2003 = 7F Loake 3625 = 7F Herring Alfred Sargent last (87?) = 7G (I have a 7F, length is good, but could have gone 1/2 size up on width to get...
Fellow shoe-wearers, I have the sort of feet that look like the before photos on a cosmetic surgery website. I love my British Bench made shoes, but they seem to all have been tailored for people with feet shaped like eels. I've found that the Loake 3625F gives me an oxford that I can do up without the dredded "V" under the laces, but the length is slightly too long, and the models available in that last are a not really at the pinnacle of British Shoemaking...