or Connect

Posts by kickstart

Just a quick recommendation for you fellow Australians. Received a few things from 'Katolan' who offers a proxy service based out of New York this evening. Someone was recommending his work a few pages back. I concur - will be using him again soon!
Quote: Originally Posted by fxh Depending which part of Oz you are in you may well be overdressed. In theory a cocktail party is 5 pm for 5.30 pm till 7.00 pm. And it is supposed to be a transition - you are coming from somewhere and going some where - true cocktail parties don't kick on - they finish at 7 pm on the dot and importantly don't serve a full meal - although if you are sneaky you can often scoff enough nibbles to make up a...
Quick question from a noob. Can I wear a dark charcoal suit to a cocktail party? (Blue shirt, dark tie)? Recommendations/appropriate combinations welcome!
How often does MJ Bale have significant sales? I see at the moment they have a bunch of shirts on sale (pretty cheap too), but don't appear to have anything significant on sale (suits, trousers, knitwear). Just going off the website...
Quote: Originally Posted by appolyon A couple of pocket squares? Here's hoping they cut their $599 suits to $99~! If they cut them to $399 I'm buying another!
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimbosaurus I'm 6'3" and 100kg. At one point in my life I was the same height and 63kg. I'd like to be halfway between those 2 points. No idea what jacket size that would leave me with. Go for 85kg mate. Just don't crash diet, it's terrible for your metabolism and your motivation won't last. 63kg is underweight for sure.
Quote: Originally Posted by appolyon Picked up a navy patch pocket blazer from Herringbone for $199 today ... some great reductions in store today, especially if you're a 40 or 42. Had to restrain myself from buying another suit. This was at the Collins St store near Louis Vuitton (which is closing down and moving everything). At their store at the top end of Collins, they have a great range of C&Js to lust over (not on sale...
Quote: Originally Posted by elvish Hey Guys For anyone thinking of using Katolan as a Proxy, I have and they were a pleasure to deal with. Also received goods from Malford too. Unfortunately, I specified the wrong size so if anyone is chasing a BNWT RLX Golf Sport Navy Polo in Large let me know! Cheers Kris I'm currently in the process of using Katolan. His customer service appears to be great, however, I ordered some stuff from...
Quote: Originally Posted by Archibald Longfellow I myself haven't bought anything of him as yet. I was about to buy one of the $599 hand stitched suits but I found out that he's about to launch a new handmade suit line with top grade wool and Savile Row trained tailors and seeing it will be my first ever fully custom made suit I thought if I'm already in for $600 why not go for $1,200 and get a really good one? .... If you want to know anything send...
Quote: Originally Posted by Archibald Longfellow Well unlike some other people I hope you liked the heads up. I thought a forum like this was to share things we know with other members. Like Herringbone sales in Perth One of my colleagues in the office is friend with the owner. Hi there, Have you had any experience with the 'custom shirts'? I'm tentative to risk $399 on a suit, but would be willing to gamble $149 on three custom...