or Connect

Posts by kickstart

Man I have some APC NS in size 30 and they are awesome...but a word about the thighs - I have 55cm thighs and in the size 30 they are TIGHT. But in the waist they are almost a bit loose.How do you find the thighs in the weird guys?
Thanks for letting me know!
Do any of your faithful Herringbone shoppers know the frequency of their Crockett & Jones shoes being put on sale? I wouldn't think it happens too often...but MAYBE at Christmas? I've asked the store staff at the Warehouse and a few stores around Sydney with not much avail - they want to sell to you right away, understandably.
Thank you both - will be ordering my trial shirt now!
Absolutely beautiful Guido. Your style is immaculate. I need to book an appointment with P. Johnson, just waiting for Christmas to get closer so I can justify spending the money on myself!
I'm about to order my first trial shirft from MT. However, I'm a bit confused about measuring the sleeves...I want to order a shirt with french cuffs.My "best fitting" shirt has french cuffs, and so I have measured the sleeve length including the shirt cuffs fully folded out (in effect, doubling the cuff length). Do I submit this measurement, or do I submit the sleeve measurement as it would be when the shirt is on, with cufflinks holding the cuff in place, effectively...
We wear the same size in HB suits too I really want to buy that mid-grey off you but I already have the same material but with peak lapels and the belt-loop-less side tabs so I can't justify it
Have many of you guys guys got issues with finding shirts that fit? I need a 39cm neck - but a chest that is the equivalent of that on a 41cm neck - by the same token I need 88cm sleeves - but I want a slim fit....basically I'm a mix of multiple sizes... Almost at the point of going MTM...but my budget is not as large as I'd like it to be.
Thanks guys. I will ask my local tailor and if he can't do it, will head to M & R on York Street. Cheers
Guys I have a small bit of stitching on the collar of a jacket that has torn through some very fine, soft leather. I would really like to have it repaired. Does anyone know of someone in Sydney that is capable of pretty delicate leather jacket repairs. I've googled around and found a few people advertising motorcycle jacket repairs - but I fear they would be more crude repairs for jackets that have been through accidents.... Hopefully there is someone in Sydney with a...