or Connect

Posts by augustin

Quote: Originally Posted by Jangofett Well, I know Maftei and Abbaschule do not accept credit card. I was trying to look for atms but I gave up. I figured the local banks would charge me a high commission for drawing Euros. Oh, and the VAT claim in the airport was disappointing. They took a high commission from me and I really dont know how they calculate the VAT due to me. I bought a pair of shoes from Abba in May, and I used a cc. ...
While strolling down Madison Ave. today, I discovered in the Allen-Edmonds shop across from Brooks a sale on discontinued (soon to be discontinued?) lines. All sale shoes between 135-195. They are eliminating some junk, some nicer shoes. Disappearing models include the Evanston, Easton, and Mcclain.
Length has to be right. In other dimensions, my experience is that tight heels will loosen up, and also the arch. Less so pressure on the outside of the foot. On the other hand, if this is your first pair of good shoes, then you'll find that the sole of a goodyear-welted shoe is stiffer than what you're probably used to, and the shoe will feel less good on first wearing and take longer to get comfortable in than what you've been wearing before. On the other hand,...
Trask used to make beautiful buffalo leather boots. Sadly, not any more.
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan My wife knits and, from what I understand, yarn that knitters like to knit with isn't necessarily what makes for a high-quality garment. Even pricier yarn is spun inconsistently so that there are frequent knots and loose spots. Just something to think about in the balance. Also, I don't think there is much good cashmere yarn for hand-knitting out there. You're right that nice to knit with and nice to...
Check your size and the look at T&A, buy some trees and cream or polish if you feel guilty, then order your conistons from plal --- in the 400s earlier this year.
Some years ago I wanted to replace a rich and beautiful cardigan I had bought in the 70s Enquired here about MTM and got no help :>( so I went to a few local yarn and knit shops and asked around. I found several people who took in work by commission. I looked at some pics, talked with a few, and found someone I liked. We chose the yarn together, and I now have a sweater even better than the original.
I don't like shearling linings. AHard to keep them clean.
For years I have loved the Gravati peccary chukka that Berens sells, the Fosse. But 800 was just too much. While cruising the web yestarday, I found them marked down to 400 --- but out of any size I could possibly wear, and they're not reordering. %&#@!>
The problem with sending it back is that, from what we know of the mail, it may never arrive. If the OP contacts the seller, they might agree on an entirely different course of action; so don't just up and send it.