or Connect

Posts by UnFacconable

If there is one thing Trump has taught his minions, it's how to avoid answering any questions directly by changing the subject to an irrational, irrelevant conspiracy theory.
That narrative assumes a more or less apples to apples debate. Last night was more of an apples to cheetos kind of deal. Trump even managed to swing and miss at questions he said he was expecting to be asked like about his birther obsession.
It's amazing that everyone can watch the same debate and come to wildly different conclusions. I think what this election cycle has unfortunately proven time and time again is that the more times you repeat a false statement, the more likely people are to believe it's true regardless of the merits of the statement. You might think it's always been this way but it really hasn't to this same degree. I think the combination of the vastness of data now available plus the...
The thing is that there are other options. aptX is one that has been out there for a few years and has gotten some traction. It's proprietary so Apple and everyone else would have had to pay a licensing fee which is probably why they didn't go there. There are other options for bluetooth such as streaming the MP3s themselves and letting the headphones decode them which shouldn't be that big a deal in 2016 considering how much work electronics is included already in the...
I'm thinking of it less about insolvency than about eroding capital and retirement funds. My wife has a healthy career so we could live on her income (with some lifestyle changes - goodbye nanny although by that time we are likely to be out of the nanny business due to the kids aging up).To be honest I enjoy everything. I liked being an M&A attorney and got to work on some really cool deals both high and low profile and enjoyed my client base (mix of PE and tech). As a...
Short answer is that the Bay Area corporate legal market is prone to over supply during tech downturns. I would be far more exposed to that as a job seeker particularly going back to a law firm as an M&A practitioner. This would be magnified by the fact that it will have been 4+ years since I would have been at a law firm and would need to build up my client base from scratch in a challenging market. Essentially I think the law firm re-entry route (for the type of...
Thanks, yes I agree this role wouldn't be a deal killer (especially since I'll still be wearing the legal hat). My main concern around risk is that if the fund craters for whatever reason (the key man leaves, we have poor performance and can't raise a subsequent round, startup ecosystem suffers systemic failure) I will be unable to go back to a law firm (for the same reasons) or find a job at a company. I think my company is a fairly safe bet and is high-growth. My old...
Yeah well the other thing is that if Apple wanted to reduce the number of cables, I'd rather part with the lightning cable in favor of wireless charging rather than give up my 3.5mm headphones. Getting rid of lightning would break a lot of existing interfaces (including 100% of currently operational carplay applications) but would actually be more convenient since most people only use lightning to charge. On the other hand most people rely on wired headphones and have...
AirPods are quite literally the only earbuds I've ever found to be uncomfortable. They also don't stay in my ears at all in contrast to every other one I've tried (including previous Apple earbuds).Overall I guess the announced products mildly exceeded my expectations only because my expectations were pretty low.Here's what I was pleased to see:A10 fusion - it's a different approach to scaling power usage and I look forward to greatly reduced battery drain when phone...
fixt.