or Connect

Posts by UnFacconable

Some people don't just get cars because the meet their requirements for reasonable use. Crazy right? You might have bought your m5 just because you needed the performance or enjoyed it, or perhaps because you wanted to project an image. M5s have been purchased for each of those reasons. People buy all manner of trucks for similar reasons. Is modding a pickup truck to project an image to bystanders any different from someone buying a steel apple watch and gold plating it?
I've been using the m3 power for a long time (10 years?) and haven't ever felt any reason to upgrade. Sounds like I got lucky in picking that one. I'm kinda the anti-pB on shaving through. I only shave 1-2x a week and rarely change the blade. I've only had to change the 1 aaa battery in the m3 twice in however long I've had it.
Good friend just got an RS5. He was choosing between F Type and Maserati. Oh and I guess he considered a Vette. He liked the engine best on the RS5 and thought it felt the "sportiest". Kind of surprised because he's mostly buys cars to impress people (he acknowledges this - I'm not editorializing) but he wanted to get the v8 since they are a dying breed. The main pull to the Maserati was their "Ferrari" engine but he said the car has no excitement to it so it was an...
Not CBRE, though ironically they were one of the first clients I worked with as a junior associate. It will be interesting for me to see how my habits will change in the new environment. I certainly won't spend as much time on speakerphone as I currently do and will have to figure out a way to take calls without driving people crazy. I have a feeling I won't spend as much time on the phone as I currently do and I will certainly have more in person discussions which will...
They don't even have cubes! Just long tables. It's a completely open workspace.
Received an offer to go in-house to one of my favorite clients. Would eliminate my horrible commute and of course means no more billable hours. It's not all upside since I would be giving up some autonomy and possibly lowering my earning potential and, lower down in the scheme of things, wouldn't have an office or any privacy at work but perhaps I currently overvalue those things due to inertia. Overall, it's a great opportunity and I'm fortunate to have been given it...
Interesting W's/Pelicans game. My basketball expert friend came over for the game. All game he was harping on about the Pelicans being idiots for playing Asik at all and that they needed to play AD at the 5. Obviously moving AD to the 5 worked better so I would expect we see that the rest of the series unless the Warriors can make them pay for playing Anderson at the 4. I think the Warriors played pretty poorly all game offensively but the Pelicans couldn't generate...
Gross margin isn't the only reason that drinks are a profit center. You have to think about it in terms of increasing the average ticket - that's why many restaurants focus on apps, drinks and desserts. If restaurants could get fatties to order 2 entrees per person, they'd be perfectly happy to do so. You might break even if every party of two comes in and just orders entrees, so when you get people to buy more than that, the gross margin goes straight to the bottom...
Klay has it going. Looks like Memphis dropping in the standings.
Wilt was ridiculous. There's no question in my mind he'd be the best player in basketball today - he'd probably be a stretch 4 haha. The craziest thing about him is that none of his progeny (as far as we know) are in the NBA. How do you sleep with 20,000 women and not put a single kid in the league when Rick Barry went 3 for 4 with his sons.