or Connect

Posts by UnFacconable

Really rough end to a great season. Congrats to the Cavs for hanging in there. Warriors just broke down at the wrong time and couldn't finish the job.
Someone T-boned my driver door while my car was parked on the street. The note they left must have flown away because I couldn't find anything. I no longer carry collision so not sure if my insurance will do anything for me. Annoyed because it's been a problem free car for me for a long time (15+ years) and while it has little to no monetary value I had no plans to dispose of it. They jerk may as well have stolen it because I don't think I will spend out of pocket...
Steph is clearly injured. He can't push off his right knee and its limiting him. He's reportedly having knee surgery this summer and may also need work done on one or both shoulders. It's a bigger problem on his drives than his shooting but he isn't the shooter right now that we saw all season. Lebron stole a game by getting Draymond suspended but what's his strategy for the next two games?
Kyrie is nails tonight. We would have taken it with Dray but without him or Bogut we can't defend.
NBA doing its best to level the playing field. Not defending Draymond because he has made too many mistakes but the whole playoffs have been a horrid show of officiating. The refs made no attempt to gain control of the floor on game 5 and things got rougher and rougher. Cavs got mugged in the paint and Warriors got mugged at the 3 point line. Either way Warriors have a great opportunity to end this thing tomorrow but it goes from a sure thing to just a strong likelihood.
If California allowed us to use pre-tax earnings to fund a 529 plan (which I've heard is a near-term possibility) it would be enough of a swing to cause me to start funding. Right now my plan is to just fund college for my 2 kids out of earnings or taxable investments/savings. I have heard different things about whether 529s are a good idea depending on how wealthy you are but since I don't know how wealthy we will be when my oldest (hopefully) starts college we are...
Fun game. Watching Bogut this series reminded me of this quote. He sure looks a lot better without Steven Adams. Heck everyone does except Steph.
Same here. I agree generally that oversized cases with smaller movements is less than ideal but it seems like we may be cherrypicking.I have a Nomos Tangomat GMT which has a 31MM movement in a 40MM case. From reading the last few pages, that seems like perhaps an acceptable differential although the small seconds subdial is somewhat close to the center. I have a couple of sport watches with 10-11MM differentials which I would assume would be bad, but they are oyster...
Cavs don't have nearly the athleticism of the Thunder and that's really what gave the Ws trouble in the WCF. Really showed up in the bench matchups tonight obviously but saw it with starters too. Basically they have Bron, Kyrie, Thompson and a bunch of stiffs, a few of whom can hit open shots like Love, Smith and Frye. Other than Bron, Cleveland doesn't have any two way players and Thompson, Delle and Shumpert are about the only other above average defensive...
I'm obviously excited for the finals. Will be really interesting to see what the matchups look like. Mozgov has been a non-factor in the playoffs whereas last year he played a huge role in the finals. Unlike the dregs CLE has been beating up on in its playoff run, Warriors have enough scorers to make it really tough to play Irving, Love and JR Smith together. I suspect we see more Shumpert/D'vadova to try and check Steph. Dray dominated Love in the regular season...