or Connect

Posts by UnFacconable

Pretty sure all unsold RRL stock ends up at the sample sales in NY and is eventually re-sold by Deez Nuts in the B+S forum.
Congrats. Are they going to make you another good trade offer when they release the P100D in a few weeks?
Ended up driving my old truck this weekend because I needed to charge the battery and decided I would be better off finding a salvage door for now and keeping the thing going. Probably my last chance to have a NA V8 so may as well hang onto it a little while longer. Was able to find a salvage door in the same color for $150 so just need to figure out if my mechanic will do it for me or if I need to find a body shop to do the work. I am tempted to have a go at it myself,...
I honestly can't tell if you are joking or not. I will leave the implications of that statement as an exercise for the reader.
MC - this is a public service announcement, but you should really look into twitter's business more. People who understand the digital advertising business have been telling me for years that twitter's product for advertisers drastically underperforms. One of my VC friends has been giving me a hard time for years over my opinion on their business but finally came around a few weeks ago and admitted I have been right all along. I won't get into the user product side...
I understand your guys' feelings about the cost of funds in 401(k) plans but think you are misstating the culprit. The reason that many plans have overpriced funds is because the funds provide a portion of their management fee to the company so the company can defray the costs of running its plan. Some companies are willing to foot the bill so they offer lower cost plans. The unfortunate thing is that if you have a lot in your 401(k) you end up paying way too much in...
Good point re getting a beater track car. My wife contends that thrashing her saturn on mountain roads is the most fun she's ever had driving so she may be on board with some sort of track beater. I think we need to get the kids aged up a bit and more independent before we seriously consider new time-intensive hobbies but I know we would enjoy it.
Spent some time looking at and thinking about boring cars this weekend. Mentioned a few weeks ago that someone t-boned my SUV and now that we have a second kid the X1 is really tight for road trips. We can still pull them off but end up filling the one open seat next to the kids with gear. The SUV wasn't used much of late since I no longer commute but it was great for taking to Tahoe and other northern California road trips where we could use the space. It was also...
Finally getting around to replacing out stolen bikes (Ibis Mojo SL-R and two road bikes) with the insurance money. One of my local shops has a Mojo SL-R from a few years back that they never sold and they are willing to part with for a good price (~1/2 off) so I think I'm going to get it (have a deposit down on it now). I have some indecision over sticking with 26" and wondering if I should pony up for the Mojo 3 and 27.5 or Ripley (with 29s). This is complicated by the...
Jbarwick - I have some of the same challenges. I have 4 different 401(k)s and unfortunately don't want to consolidate them into my new company's plans because it has the worst options. I'm on the 401(k) investment committee so will have some say in which funds we offer going forward but still not sure the offerings will beat what I have available elsewhere. I also unfortunately still have a strong cash position because I wanted to give myself opportunity to DCA if the...