Posts by UnFacconable

Everything I've seen indicates that rollover 401(k)s count just the same as pre-tax contributions to trad IRAs. Piob - are you perhaps thinking of the fact that rollovers don't impact your contribution limits but I am not aware of anything that would segregate portion of your trad IRA that came from direct contributions vs 401(k) rollover. I would definitely check that one more closely with tax advisor. I wish that you were correct however as the only thing keeping me...
Close call. Need moar info before I can evaluate your douche level.Do you have aftermarket rims on your family sedan? If only infraction in otherwise boring car is front window tint you are okay.HROI - film doesn't count if it's not tinted. I've seen some tinted windshields in CA where it is definitely illegal (along with any tint on front windows). Good look if you are a drug dealer I guess.
Miata is like so anti-douche it's not even funny. I think it's the combo of driver and car that makes something douchetastic. With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy, you're driving a douchemobile if ... You illegally tinted your front windows ... You drive your car back and forth on a commercial street real slow (not looking for parking) but just to impress other losers who might be impressed by your DM ... You think debadging your Hyundai Genesis makes it a Porsche ... You...
I've had a three row SUV since I was in law school. 99%+ of the time the row is stowed but it was nice to have the few times I needed it (driving friends around - which pretty much always sucked) and I otherwise don't suffer for it although I suppose would be nice if my truck was a bit lighter without the seats. Having young kids I now realize how relatively useless third rows are in most SUVs until your kids are old enough to be out of boosters. Until that time you...
If there is any divine justice, somewhere there is a soccer mom forum car thread where they complain about the dudes here. Something like: DiadoraUmbroJanet: ugh, got passed in a parking lot today by another one of those childless, middle-aged stlyeforum dudes. I was suspicious when I saw the monogrammed cuff with contrasting buttonholes (for real) as he flipped me off on his way to the furthest corner of an empty parking lot to stash his midlife crisis red Porsche...
Will the Q9 be big enough? I would consider holding out for the Q11 which I imagine will be even bigger and maybe even have four rows. And there is probably a BMW X9 around the corner ...Obviously a highly personal question but sounds like your guru feels pretty strongly it's time to move on. Are you going to take over the build since the guru seems to be bowing out?
I'm still pretty heavy in cash but I like to have cash around for alternative investments and in particular if I were to jump companies I could have a meaningful check to write (assuming I decided to exercise my vested options). Do you guys conceptualize your cash percentage based on total assets or just investable? I'm around 20-30% cash based on investable assets. Depends on true market value of my illiquid investments. Definitely left some money on the table by not...
The first $10 million is the hardest.
That's right JB. 2.5 Premium with no eyesight. I would have gotten the 3.6 if it were available in premium but didn't want all of the things that come with the Limited trim - particularly the 18" wheel size (not good for AT tire availability) and the the power liftgate. I was borderline on eyesight but the frequent annoying beeping that you've mentioned is consistent with my friend's experience and he said not to get it.
Just picked up our new Outback. Thanks @ridethecliche for the assist! It's slow but much more practical for our usage than our X1 was (particularly for road trips). I've mentioned this before, but the X1 was pretty athletic for a family car (0-60 in 6 sec and based on e90 series chassis) and this Outback is anything but so I am counting the days until we get our Model 3 and can have a bit more fun in our motoring! Already missing dat hydraulic steering and turlbo...