or Connect

Posts by Phil Ossiffee

Just received my order today. Antonio delivered within about 3 weeks, perfect fit based on my measurements. Beautiful finish, everything per instructions and progress photos along the way. Very, very pleased. Some quick photos...  
I'd like to add my words of support for Simon. The first bag shown in the initial post is mine, a replacement for a SAB (which I sold on eBay). The SAB was beautiful, but this is a level above. Simon did great work, used the best materials, and produced exactly to my wishes. I've had the bag for more than a year and it's been fantastic.
Regarding Merolla and Anna -- In answer to the question of Merolla and Anna Matuozzo, I'm a former Merolla and a current Anna client; have many shirts from both. Merolla's work is very nice -- and it is more affordable. Plus they are great people. If you're looking for good value, good construction and Riva fabric, Merolla is a fine resource. But Anna's work -- in my opinion -- is on a different level. She adds refined design and taste, and executes (hand crafted...
I wanted to confirm that I just heard from Salvatore by e-mail. He explained that he had a family tragedy and that my shipment was returned to Italy. So fingers crossed on the re-shipment; I'll make another post to this thread when the package arrives. Hats off to the power of StyleForum, and thank you Salvatore for contacting me.
If you're Jewish and are interested in really nicely woven tallit -- try Shizre Kodesh on Arts and Crafts Lane across/outside from Jaffa Gate in Jerusalem. Beautiful work, and some other nice artisans adjacent. www.jerusalemtallit.com
Well, if you've spoken, I guess that pretty much tells me where I stand; pretty disappointing. A Cappelli tie of choice to anyone who can find my pants (so to speak), or get Salvatore to find them...
MaoMao/Vox: Will you take retroactive assignments? I'm first in line.
Thanks very much. I actually just got a Facebook invite, too. So much as I hate to think it, given the many unanswered messages (including Facebook) that I think he's just blown me off rather than help find the shipment or compromise in some way to replace the lost pants. (Who should be responsible in such a case -- esp with no tracking, no shipment receipt? He didn't even confirm my address before shipping, and I'd always picked up from him in the past.) I do...
I wonder if any of you have had difficulty reaching Salvatore. My 4 new pairs of pants (which I ordered and paid for last spring) have been "lost in the mail" since mid-September. Salvatore won't confirm the shipping address, provide any tracking details -- or even reply to numerous e-mails and Facebook messages. It's very disappointing since I have been a loyal customer for years. I've visited him and his father in Napoli many times, and we've shared dinners together...
This is much simpler than your proposed design, but it uses a much heavier material, unstructured. Sorry it's not a great shot (the spottiness must be the flash) but ran out of time. It's a 4 button front (might normally use 1-2 of them), sport jacket style buttons on the sleeve cuffs. Maybe it's a little help?