or Connect

Posts by eg1

Um, Adair Turner was Chairman of the UK Financial Services Authority. I'm not sure this qualifies him as a "douche bag assfuck", but YMMV ...
Adair Turner at the Festival of Economics in December, 2014. Start at the 4 minute mark after the bloviating introduction to save yourself some time. The talk itself is then about 45 minutes long and is nothing short of a brilliant disquisition upon globalization, inequality, banking and real estate (the FIRE sector), and interest rates. The Q+A that follows is also excellent. OK -- back to work ...
Can't stop watching replays of the Orange Bowl. Second half of COFH and the whole OB are just old-fashioned O-line beat-downs.
Yes, that atrocious give-in to the epicentre of Ontario's NIMBYism, Oakville, was a disgrace. For this, the Ornge scandal, and other embarrassments typical of governments so long in the tooth, the Ontario Liberal Party should have been dead in the water. Only Hudak's incompetence and his party's cognitive enslavement to certain tired elements of your Republicanism snatched defeat from the almost certain jaws of victory.As for my wry observations about this particularly...
Indeed, these wins are all too infrequentThe weird part is that the last two were in Athens.Sadly, I have about zero confidence for the Orange Bowl. The option doesn't seem to operate very well after long layoffs.What is the mood among Dwag fans going into the Belk Bowl? Will the team be disinterested?
I believe that her "Systems of Survival" is the best of all.I'm currently finishing Carroll Quigley's "The Evolution of Civilizations: An Introduction to Historical Analysis". I plan to tackle his "Weapons Systems and Political Stability: A History", which at over 1000 pages ought to keep me busy for a while ...
I realize I'm a little late, but I'll just drop this little nugget here ...Where's a troll-face emoticon when you need one?
Been a while since I dipped a toe into the CEsspool echo-chamber. Good to see that some things never change ... Surprised that piob made no reference to Ontario's election in June. Among other things it saw off the last remnants of the Ford administration (that'd be fat, crack-smoking Rob and his creepy brother Doug) in Toronto, and the implosion of the Progressive Conservative (how's that for an oxymoron?) Party of Ontario, which was reduced to a rural rump of angry,...
Walter Beauchamp bespoke no longer operates out of their own storefront -- have been revived at Holt Renfrew ... http://www.holtrenfrew.com/men/?page_id=2330
Same mill, more grist ... http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/875155ce-8f25-11e3-be85-00144feab7de.html#axzz2wz5GNCq2