or Connect

Posts by bobm

Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=164402 Ask a question, get an answer. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman Probably got deleted because there's a thread for single questions like this. The answer is that there's no answer to your question. It all depends on the person and the proportions. I suggest you either post pics of yourself in such a jacket, or buy a short version of the coat in question. You could also buy regular size and have it tailored. Do you really not know this? Ok, sorry, not aware...
I posted this about a week or so ago and for some reason, the post got deleted.? Anyhow, do "dusters" - those long western style raincoats look awful on those of us shorter guys (5'7") or can we get away with it? Here's one from Filson for illustration purposes. http://www.filson.com/products/shelt...r-header-10014 BOB
I mentioned this sizing issue in the Wolverine 1000 mile boot thread and thought I'd mention it here too. Rememeber, these are work boots and as such are not padded and cushy on the bottom as some other style boots can be. They do tend to be a tad on the large/wide side, but before you start sending boots back or placing and order, wear/try them with a thicker sock. I'm not saying a super heavy wool hunting sock, but a moderately thick wool/wool-blend sock. You may not...
Quote: Originally Posted by AntiHero84 Those look good with appropriate footwear. I think it would look quite different with a pair of work boots. I agree. But if you do like the boots, and I like mine, why just get a different pair of pants? Bob
Quote: Originally Posted by dressedforsuccess http://www.filson.com/products/oil-f...taProduct=1011 Anyone have any experience with these? Or would the double tin pants be better? I live in Alabama btw for an idea of temperature I like most of Filson's clothing, BUT, I couldn't imagine buying and wearing a pair of pants that can't be cleaned - either by dry cleaning , hand washing or machine washing. Wiping with a damp rag? I mean like,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's Bob I'm not Dave, I'm Karl the guy who runs all their online stuff. Both my Barbours date back 20 or so years and as long as they are kept heavily waxed they have worked well for extended periods in light to moderate rain. Short gully washers are OK but forget about wearing one for 8 hours in torrential downpours. You'll get wet. I own one shelter cloth coat from Filson and it acts about the same as a Barbour. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's A leather bomber, one of my Barbours, any number of Filson tin or shelter cloth coats, oilskin drover, Krane bomber, Lacrosse breathable rain coat, goretex rain suit. Guess it depends on how bad it's raining and whether I'm in it all day or not. Dave, How have you found the Barbour and Filson tin and shelter cloth coats holding up in light/moderate/heavy rain? Bob
I find wearing most any coat, even a sport jacket, way too uncomfortable and restictive while driving and an overcoat would for me, be out of the question. Bob
Quote: Originally Posted by bjork i know everyone is saying that these will fit under slim jeans, but will they fit under skinny jeans? The jeans I wear both have 6" leg openings and I'm wondering if they'll look clownish under them. Personally, I don't think those boots with skinny jeans works - I can see where it would look clownish. As an aside, these boot are work boots, retro stylish though they are. Skinny jeans are on the opposite side...