or Connect

Posts by bobm

Quote: Originally Posted by macuser3of5 eat shit and die Wow, against my better judgement I will just post a reply. I know this is a fairly hip, youngish crowd and forum monitoring here (for good or bad) is at a minimum, so some people take that lack of moderation to be downright nasty - to say the least. Also, Internet forums somehow embolden a few sitting in front of their computer keyboard to say things that would get them (rightly...
Quote: Originally Posted by johnH123 The same reason this forum idiot ^^^ keeps posting. It keeps me occupied when I'm not with your mom. Wow, against my better judgement I will just post a reply. I know this is a fairly hip, youngish crowd and forum monitoring here (for good or bad) is at a minimum, so some people take that lack of moderation to be downright nasty - to say the least. Also, Internet forums somehow embolden a few sitting...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's Bob. I'm not sure what's going on with your boots. I've gotten enough emails from people who used Sno seal or Obenaufs on the 1Ks (and other brands) with excellent results. I own a a pair of classic 1Ks, the 721 LTDs and the Montgomerys. All of them have been through much more water than what you described without leaking problems. Me thinks you may have a pair of defective boots. Contact Wolverine directly and see...
[quote=johnH123;3856520]Water might be coming in through the leather soles, or your waterproofing job wasn't good enough (no hate, it happens). Yes, that was my first thought - coming through the soles, but Karl from Crane's has said he's stood in ankle deep water w/o a problem..and he seems to know his stuff. I can't imagine these boots getting so wet so fast. I have to say, waterproofing isn't tough work at all, but I know I was very thorough, so I can imagine...
Quote: Originally Posted by jet post in wolverine thread mods merge thread Mods can do as they deem prudent, no problem on my endm but why merge the thread? This just happpens to be regarding the 1000K's but has more to do with waterproofing any shoes and/or boots, not just Wolverines. Bob
I have the 1000 K Wolverines. Wanted to protect and waterproof them. Ok, put a couple of coats of Montana Pitch Blend in even crevice, nook and cranny- even used the melt in with the hair dryer method. Went out a few weeks ago in moderate rain and a few puddles; feet got wet. Ok, put on several coats of Obenauf LP, same hair dryer method. Wanted to go for a walk in the wind driven rain today. SAME THING. Not 20 minutes into the walk, my feet were getttting damp, then wet...
Quote: Originally Posted by andr3pwd OK So decided to order some Fracap M100's. Couldn't find a source in US so contacted Fracap and they offered to build some - got to pick all materials (suede, polished vs opaque leather), wide range of colors, hardware, etc. Could have gone with crazy contrasting back panels, bellows/tongue, ankle padding, stitching, etc. but ended up going with a more traditional, vintage hiking boot look. Dark brown with...
Quote: Originally Posted by pebblegrain Interesting. I love my original Mackinaw but I've thought about seeing how much it would cost to get a satin liner stitched into it - it's scratchy as hell. Also, how do you know they are slimmer cut? I am kinda guessing by looking at the jacket; I could be dead wrong though. I am also looking into getting my double mackinaw lined as well. Bob
Looks like Filson is heeding customers suggestions regarding making their coats and jackets more comfortable. They are lining their new wool coats in coton lining for one thing. Also, interesting to me, they seem to be responding to 2 "threats" or areas of competition; one on the lower end; where they introduced another more affordable line with synthetics, and to answer the high end, have introduced a new Streetwear line - cotton lined, slimmer profiles, not as much...
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries83 Received the wool jeans from The Bureau yesterday. Very slim fit to them, so be sure to check measurements before ordering guys. The fabric is very interesting, extremely warm. But for those who are very sensitive to wool, these may make you itch. For the life of me I don't understand why they don't offer heavy wool pants with a full lining. I know many manufacturers do. Way too itchy for me w/o a...