or Connect

Posts by bobm

Quote: Originally Posted by bare bodkin don't cuff, stack Ok, sorry, what is "stacking"? Bob
Any thoughts on hemming jeans that are a couple of inches too long, or do they look better simply rolled up at the hem? Bob
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's Got cold feet and hands? Then cover your head. This old saying is very much true. Long before you realize you're actually cold and showing signs of mild hypothermia your body shifts into survival mode. First the feet go and then the hands. After that the shivering begins. Upwards of 70% of your body heat dissipates through the top of your head. Most of the time the cold feet problem is remedied by wearing a hat...
Quote: Originally Posted by alexspecs I dunno what you did but i put a shit load of obenauf's on my ascot's and it didn't change the colour too much (as shown). Yeah, leather treatments don't stop your leather from absorbing water. When soaked for long enough leather will behave like a sponge just like your fingers do when they get wrinkly in the bath. Even my waterproof leather watch band absorbs water and gets completely soaked. The waterproof...
Quote: Originally Posted by meso Ignore him. Bob was the same poster who cautioned users that using obenauf's would ruin leather shoes, because he used it on non-smooth leather and it darkened Hang on to that violin you're playin', bro. Obenauf absolutely made of mess of my Katahdins - unless you happen to prefer a very muddy black color to them - some people do and that's cool; I sure didn't and was ticked that the package I received...
Quote: Originally Posted by lihao can this shoes last the winter ( snow and rain )? been looking for a boots which i can wear all seasons. The answer is a definite NO! These are not made for heavy rain and/or snow. They are excellent well made boots, but there are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better alternatives for rain and snow. See my thread here. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=212036 Bob
Quote: Originally Posted by pat pearson I have attached two photos of my boots in the rust color I just got last month. They are absolutely brilliant. Walked 5 miles in them the other day and have never worn a shoe more consistently comfortable. Didn't have to break them in at all. I sized down a whole size ( as recommended) and they fit perfect. They looked pretty pimp next to the rucksack so I had to include a shot. Cheers, ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jodum5 I just looked at pictures of the boots and I'm sorry you agree you shouldn't be wearing them in snow or rain. If you do, expect damage regardless of waterproofing. Well, snow would be one thing I woould never wear them in, but rain after waterproofing? Again this wouldn't be my first choice in a downpour, but after Karl from Crane's very successful experience with waterproofing, and my doing the same...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's Bob. I'm not sure what's going on with your boots. I've gotten enough emails from people who used Sno seal or Obenaufs on the 1Ks (and other brands) with excellent results. I own a a pair of classic 1Ks, the 721 LTDs and the Montgomerys. All of them have been through much more water than what you described without leaking problems. Me thinks you may have a pair of defective boots. Contact Wolverine directly and see...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eason Dear Bob, Blow it out your assssssss. Sincerely, Duke Yep, you made my point too. Bob