or Connect

Posts by bobm

Quote: Originally Posted by berlin report just got these from sancho. nice commando sole, fully-lined with shearling. Yeh; very nice. I would also be interested in where the heck to buy them here in the USA. Bob
Quote: Originally Posted by MSSneaker 1000K boots are no good for snow. Somebody from the 1000 mile thread might chime in and say I am wrong, but let me just tell you my experience. The leather sole soaks up moisture. Now, that moisture won't leak into your foot - your foot won't get wet if the upper leather is sno-sealed or otherwise treated, but the moisture in the sole will make your foot cold - especially when it is 20 degrees out. Imagine wearing a...
Quote: Originally Posted by MSSneaker That's the deal with these. I think they are currently finding a market to be worn fashionably, but I just don't think I could get the use out of them they deserve unless I had a hobby of hunting, bird watching, or otherwise observing nature with a quiet stride. Nice to know they are no good for hiking, I pretty much assumed that but I'm glad to hear a review. I don't think I could get away with wearing these in...
Quote: Originally Posted by whatever123 does anyone know how the soles hold up on these? I have the slightly lower boots - Grizzly - but the crepe soles do get dirty fast - if that maters to you (not to me) and don't think they would last too long on if worn on sidewalks. As a bit of sidenote, I went on a hike on some trails a few weeks ago and these boots offer superb grip, but not much ankle support and you still feel those rocks. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by kealani Bob, how are the 1000 miles holding up? I got a pair last month, and I love them. As a professional shoeshiner with years of experience, I just want to share that any shoe should be polished and protected when they are brand new, before you ever wear them. The first shine is the most important one, for many reasons that I may blog about soon. There is a huge difference between styling the "distressed" look and actually...
Quote: Originally Posted by whatever123 how did you size on your ring mocs? can you post evo pics? I got them in my normal size 10. Actually, I vary between 10 and 10.5, slightly wide foot, so sometimesI get the EE. These fit perfectly and tend to stretch and/or comform to your feet, so the more you wear them the better they get - to a point. I wear them with socks usually and they fit fine and also can fit fine barefoot - very smooth inside...
Quote: Originally Posted by acarlton Do you guys do anything to treat the sole of your 1k boots? I've been trying to find if I should be applying LP to the sole or not. Others may disagree, but just walking on them would wear protection off, no? Bob
Quote: Originally Posted by hangten Snow and salt in Chicago kills shoes. So what I did was I took a pair of Frye Brando boots and had my shoe guy put some Viabram lug soles: Works well but I probably will pick up these Asolo boots: Wow, those Frye's look great. I don't see them on the Frye site though. Good idea about the soles - probably makes them more comfortable in any weather. What did you waterproof them with? Bob
Very nice, I have Quoddy ring mocs, but never a moc like you have in the top picture - very nice looking. Bob
Looking at stacking - that's not for me; don't like the look at all. I guess it hemming to length. Thanks. Bob