or Connect

Posts by bobm

Ok, I am guessing it's a cost issue? Bob
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS Forward Pleats: * * * Reverse Pleats: Ok, thanks for posting. Being a sort guy 5'6.5" - I tend to stay away from pleats - but these do look elegant. Like another poster, I have had a mixed bag of results ordering from JLP, but one thing I am noticing is that they have more items made in China than before - not happy about that. But I do enjoy reading their catalog copy - sort of like...
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS Everyone seems to be going this direction ... and there is NO excuse! Not sure what you are referring to? Lack of double pleated pants? Style? Bob
Any comments/opinions on the JL Powel catalog's offerings? I have bought some items - latest polo shirts aren't so nice, linen pants, shorts and shirts are very nice. Bob
Quote: Originally Posted by jc1234 Yes. I wanted to find out more about them. Im not into fancy suits, ties, shoes, watches, or any of that stuff that people obsess over on this forum. I like big heavy leather boots, big heavy leather jackets that dont get much attention here. However, This is the only forum I found where saddleback had their own thread. Anyway, you cant use the search function without being a member, so absolutely, I joined solely...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylvr its a leather protector, not shoe polish. its meant to extend life rather than make it pretty. Ok, I will save this for shoes and boots, keeping it far away from leather bags and coats, but that's not their website says. They say it is suitable for fine leathers - including jackets. I suppose if I had a black jacket, I'd give it a try, never on my brown leathers though. Bob
Excellent detailed review. I have the Saddleback back and agree with your assesment almost completely. They are going for the rough/tough worn look ala Indiana Jones and have succeeded nicely. Being such a heavy bag, it isn't the most comfortable thing hanging off my neck. Nor do I think that it holds a great deal - put my laptop, cables, notebook and lunch there isn't too much space left. I agree also about carrying this bag in remote areas - waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too heavy,...
Ok, I just ordered their small kit - Leather oil, LP and Silicone Shield and tried the LP and leather oil on a brown leather bag (Colenel Littleton's). I applied just a tiny bit of each in a small area, but I noticed that both products darkened and dulled the brown leather, the Leather Oil moreso than the LP. IMHO, it muddied the look - almost eliminating the patina. I just got a new pair of Wolverine 1000 mile shoes and am hesitant to apply this product to the shoes,...
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffCupino This was a really great feature thread of quoddy!! This thread swayed me to get the grizzly boot with crepe sole. Ordering as we speak... Ok, Jeff, have you received yours yet? I just bought a pair from Jlpowell, didn't get them yet, but was curious if you have comments. Bob