or Connect

Posts by SeanathonHuff

Flights to Japan (at least from America) seem cheapest about 8 months to 1 year outside of your trip. Some would suggest there are some 'windows' of purchasing tickets within 2 months, but waiting for those involves a degree of uncertainty and still won't return the price to its much earlier baseline. For an April trip, you're looking at €700 if you booked your economy class tickets today (leaving from Italy). I think it's fair to say the prices will increase to €800 or...
I'm looking for some friendly guidance on sizing. Some time ago, I purchased 'Van Ness' (2 last) and 'Park Avenue' (5 last) in size '10.5 EE'. The fit of both was fine at the time though, unbeknownst to me, my feet were still growing at the time of my purchases (I've lost weight in the interim, so weight changes can't explain things). Now, both pairs of shoes are marginally too tight in terms of 'width', causing pain at the base of my little toe on both feet. Seeing as the...
While I can't speak for the value of Fukuoka personally, you will likely be able to package something together under €650 round-trip (even if that means resorting to traditional rail for a portion of the trip). Depending on demand, round trips between Tokyo & Osaka are ~$300 via bullet train; because Fukuoka is a less popular destination about twice as far from Tokyo as Osaka, I don't see the price of a round trip via bullet train exceeding $600 all too often (which is...
I've owned the Fjällräven 'Yupik' Parka for a few seasons now. It's plenty warm, though I've never not tested it in conditions below 5 degrees Fahrenheit. Overall, I'm pleased with its ability to withstand both wind and moisture. I own the black model so I probably can't speak to the fabric's ability to keep clean (ensure that you use powdered laundry detergent when washing it, as with most technical gear).A few design aspects of the 'Yupik' I appreciate: 1. Numerous and...
I would like to edit a thread I started over 6 weeks ago, though I no longer see the 'edit' button on the user interface regarding this post. A moderator mentioned that he believed the new system involved being able to 'edit' posts long-term, but that does not seem to be the case. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm happy to see cuisine discussion in this thread! Though I linked several outside resources that were specific to Japan, feel free to use Michelin or other guides when selecting your restaurants; most of my dining choices were based on novelty or value, but I understand the appeal of truly 'fine' dining. Also, some of my dietary restrictions generally steer me away from French and Italian cuisine; If there's anything I want to get across about dining in Japan, it's that...
I've updated the original post for clarity and the inclusion of some new information.
I noticed the last major thread regarding travel to Japan was marred by in-fighting to some extent. During my recent plane ride back from Japan I typed up some tips and ideas I hope may be of some use to the StyleForum community and hopefully start a fresh round of discussion. Thank you! Timing: There seems to be no clear consensus regarding the best time to visit Japan. Winters are warm by NYC or Chicago standards, and the degree of walking that a trip to Japan...
The Miami Heat are down 3-2? David Stern calls in the A-Team. http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html See you in game 7.