or Connect

Posts by tattersall

Is this standard practice? I had some DuMol RRV pinot last year and found it a bit hot, it never would have occurred to me that they blended.As the go-to left-coast pinot-guy on this board what do you think of Lane Tanner? I picked up a bottle of her '06 pinot from Julia's vineyard on a whim and don't know what to expect.
As dinner is on the go we popped this open: 2008 Thierry Puzelat. This grape is called "Côt" in the Touraine which is Malbec - tastes nothing like the new world version and much more refined than it appears in Cahors. Reminiscent of a good cru beaujolais.
I endorse this post - two of my favorite producers. I find Huet really hits its stride, though, in the demi-secs which bring the acidity into balance.
Nicely done Mark - how did you find the Didier?
Suggestions on good Lambruscos to try? I've never had it before... These two are locally available for me and sound interesting:Rinaldini Pjcol RossRinaldini Vecchio Moro
Tonight is a 2000 Lanessan followed by a 1995 Lanessan to accompany roast lamb and chard gratin. Great value bordeaux with a bit of age.
Well then my most sincere thanks to you!Here is Tanzer's note on the '07:"(15% new oak) Good deep red. Pure aromas of blackberry, licorice, bitter chocolate and vanilla. Dense but fine, with lovely lift to the dark berry and licorice flavors. Broad, supple and rather feminine in style; almost premier cru quality in its suavity. From small grapes and a well-drained site in Brochon. (By the way, Bachelet's 2007 Bourgogne rouge should be strong too.)"By Stephen Tanzer,...
His CdN has become a go-to for us thanks, I think, to an earlier recommendation from someone in this thread.I also really enjoy his Aligote which I think compares well to de Villaine's. We had an '09 a couple of nights ago - it is refreshing and mineral...
Very enjoyable Gruner tonight - Stadt Krems Kremstal Reserve Wachtberg. Not, I'd say, up to the same standard as Pichler or Prager but a good example of how well balanced and stony a nice gruner veltliner can be. Very strange closure on the bottle: a little glass cap with a rubber washer...
Apparently he wasn't interested in making as much dry wine as the family would like and he didn't like the Hwang's focus on large commercial orders. Can't say I disagree with Pinguet, his demi-sec is one of my favorite whites.