or Connect

Posts by tattersall

As they say in Ontariario, that's a good eatin' fish.We arrive in Muskoka on Thursday and I'm really looking forward to some pickerel.
Enjoyed this last night - '06 Fevre Montee de Tonnerre. Austere but starting to mellow; mineral and lemony with a touch of oak but certainly not in excess.
I've yet to be disappointed by Produttori. Speaking of lower end bottlings from good producers - this Barbera from Giacomo Conterno is excellent - not quite a $20 bargain (and expensive for a Barbera) but so well made and drinkable for something so young...
A propos the Nebbiolo conversation above, that Produttori Langhe @ ~$20 is a nice example of how accessible a young Nebbiolo can be in the right hands. I've had it a few times and it needs a rough pour and swirl to get it to open up but I think it is a nice pizza or grilled meat wine.
Red or rose Sancerre is always 100% pinot and they're generally not easy to find as the quantities are small. I've had pretty good ones from Vacheron and from Mellot. There's another Reverdy (not Hippolyte that makes a great white) which is supposed to be very good for red but I've never had it (Pascal and Nicolas Reverdy).
Enjoying this right now - much more rounded and complex than most Loire reds - this is very good indeed!
Not the best Bourgueil? I would agree, but I don't think that it aspires to greatness - it's a nice light red and drunk a bit cool in the summer with something off the grill and shared with friends it is delicious.
Enjoyable cabernet franc from Bourgueil the other day - '09 "Trinch!" from C&P Breton. Uncomplicated, vivid aroma and taste that evoked raspberries. A bit green but otherwise a pleasure...
Sounds perfect for this weather. I've enjoyed a Loire valley pinot d'aunis from Clos Roche Blanche which has many of the characteristics you describe. Last night, late into the warm evening we enjoyed our favorite rose from Tempier.
I've never tipped at a tasting.