or Connect

Posts by tattersall

I drank my last one of these a while ago - really enjoyable, great vintage for Terrebrune.
It's a fun little shop and I go every time I'm in Seattle. Also worth checking out is Vino Verit├ę (http://vinoverite.com/main.html) in Capitol Hill. Very nice owner with a good selection including a number from Kermit Lynch.
Probably not easy to find outside of British Columbia, but here is a good example of what this emerging region can offer: a cool weather white with nice acidity for around $20.
Wow - that is a lot of Donnhoff love!
Probably one of my favorite producers now - I don't know about the 'S' bottling but I really like the weissburgunder and grauburgunders from Donnhoff - we had these two recently over dinner and didn't find them oaky in the least - maybe the age allowed them to integrate? Nevertheless, really enjoyable whites and very food friendly:
I'm really enjoying Juliet apples.
The single vineyard and grand crus are definitely not everyday drinkers and I think they need to be drunk with food. On their own they can be somewhat cloying and viscous even with the sweetness held in check. This past weekend I opened an '05 Brand Riesling to serve apres-ski with coq au riesling - it was magical.All bumping 14.5 to 15 now, I believe.
This one packs a punch, but is not hot at all. Zind Humbrecht Gew├╝rztraminer grand cru clocking in at 16.5%. No chaptalization, no over-extraction. Sweetness and the spicyness of gewurz balances teh alcohol... I have a bunch of CdP from good producers that regularly exceed 15% (Telegraphe, Clos des Papes, Beaucastel) to say nothing of Bandols from Gros Nore which are usually around there too for alcohol level. Nothing wrong with a big-alcohol wine, so long as that's not...
Lol, although fraisage brings to mind creative uses of strawberries...Yeah, my wife makes them as our kids like them. i guess I do too, but they seem to eat them before I get a chance to sample.
I gave my kale a good dose of frottage last night and rather than blanch and saute as we usually do, we had as a salad. Great tip via foodguy - it was terrific.