or Connect

Posts by tattersall

Pissaladiere - the best pizza in the world!
I'd say acid rather than oak that balances the alcohol.Piob, if you ever get the chance, try the SB from Le Vieux Pin - very similar to ME, perhaps not as well balanced, but definitely on the right track for a young BC winery. I think I poasted a pic a while ago... if I had one criticism it would be the alcohol being too high.
Well, it certainly helps to have a long-suffering wife who either shares or tolerates your interests - I suspect I'm preaching to the choir, though. My kids would crack-up when we opened the Merry Edwards SB - to them it's the bare bum wine...I'm reading the excellent "Wines of the Northern Rhone" by John Livingstone-Learmonth. Check it out if you have an interest in those wines - really nice analyses of the wines and makers.
Some recent pours from our month-long trip to Kauai - it was hot and we ate mostly fish so the focus was on refreshing whites and a bit of pinot noir - really enjoyed the Ramey and Merry Edwards; Au Bon Climats were nice; the A to Z Oregon stuff was really cheap, but did the trick... Lioco was astringent and unpleasant. Some cellar additions - a little bit of syrah ('04 Cornas and Rotie, some recent Graillot Crozes-Hermitage), a few bottles of Merry Edwards SB...
whoops = deleted my own poast...
These are both really great.
I've never minded Greysac but my wife does not so I stopped buying it.Last night was a 2001 Ch de la Dauphine from Fronsac - simple cheap bordeaux but very enjoyable and sufficiently mature.
Good interview from '06 with Kermit Lynch on Burgundy...
+ a million I've had Bosconia and Tondonia from the late 70s and early 80s and they're incredible.
I think most of his wines for export are lightly sulfured - responsibly so since travel can be a bitch.There are the natural wine purists that say it detracts but my palate doesn't pick it up unless over-done, just as you say. The Lapierre's I have (06, 08, 09 and 10) all have that little "S" on the back label.