or Connect

Posts by tattersall

Very nice 2006 Nuits from Chevillon. Beautifully balanced, pretty good value.
It's in this one - great step by step instructions with photos.
I was at Tempier, Terrebrune and Gros 'Nore last year. Tempier and Gros 'Nore are close to each other. Terrebrune is a short drive away. Tempier was the nicest and best set up for visitors although we were very warmly welcomed at the other two as well.I love young Bandol reds - they're exuberant and abound in fruit.
We had this tonight - very enjoyable.
That Occhipinti is glorious - like a luscious Morgon. I'd agree on the smoky note. Her SP68 is nice too and without the smoky note although not as complex as the straight Frappato. Piob - that Argiolas is a great bargain - I hope the Mrs likes it. Mine does.
Sicily is a good comparator for the reds - they call Grenache 'Cannonau' which is the dominant red. Give a producer like Argiolas a try - reasonably priced, carefully made, indicative of the local style which tends to be a bit voluptuous and forward which you'd expect given the heat.
08 is my go-to year for Bachelet.
I got some D'Angerville Clos des Ducs 2004 last year on deep discount - the ones I've tried have been wonderful despite the fact that the vintage is supposed to suck balls. The top producer advice is key, I guess.To Gome, I had an '05 Chambolle Chames from Dominique Laurent earlier this year and it was a bitch - tough as nails and mouth-puckeringly tannic. I've not bothered to buy any 05's - perhaps I'll be kicking myself in a decade but so be it.
Do a wine-searcher on Pavelot as a good exemplar of Savigny. I wouldn't worry too much about young vs. mature wines - keep trying what you can; if you like one a lot, buy a few bottles to hold on to and before too long you'll be complaining about running out of room and having to rent off-site storage... There are lots of approachable 08 09 and 10s right now. Pick a good producer and experiment with their Villages wines as you've done with Lafarge. That strategy won't...
I like Lafarge but they're a polarizing producer for sure - my wife finds them too tannic, particularly the Caillerets. Haven't had any '09 Volnay yet but most of the Savigny les Beaunes '09s have been pretty seductive. Definitely a big vintage for Nuits.