or Connect

Posts by DeSica

Quote: Originally Posted by tiecollector Seinfeld started in 1990, great show though. The pilot aired July 5, 1989, which kinda sucked. I included it because it did start in the eighties, technically (as The Seinfeld Chronicles), but it really should be considered more of a nineties show. Ditto with The Simpsons. I didn't mind the pilot. By the time the Cable Boy episode aired, I was hooked. Most people were buzzing about it after The...
Quote: Originally Posted by Englandmj7 Ghost Dog is still, to this day, the only movie I have ever walked out of. Easily in the top 10 worst films of all time. Ghost Dog is pure Genius. The only movie I ever walked out on was a Canadian film called Dirty,and that's saying a lot, because nobody loves cinema more than me (except maybe Elwy Yost).
Fox brought out some really good stuff in the eighties, like The Gary Shandling Show, and the already mentioned Married With Children and of course, The Simpsons. The king of of it all, though, would have to be Seinfeld.
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek 10mil is a lot to lose, even for a guy like Barkley, regardless of how cool he plays it. Besides, that's what he's publicly admitted to losing. I wouldn't be surprised if it was significantly more but he's downplaying it to not look like a total retard. Dude, even if Barkley was the kind of guy to care about public opinion, with 10 mil in losses the point of not appearing like a 'total retard' (your words,...
Quote: Originally Posted by esquire. That was extremely stupid. The whole Coke mythology about keeping its recipe secret is more PR than anything. You could do a chemical analysis of it, and get a pretty good idea what the recipe is. And, I can't imagine somebody at home trying to make Coke at home even if they had the recipe. The cost of the ingredients might not be prohibitive although getting the coca leaves might be difficult, but the cost of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Margaret That she'd finally found her soulmate? I thought that once upon a time she was a legitimate journalist.
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman Ummm... not to beat a dead horse, but has anyone else seen that another man has stepped forward to say he might be the father of ANS's baby, and that man is Prince Frederic von Anhalt, husband to Zsa Zsa Gabor... who says he had a 10-year relationship with Anna Nicole, saying that she was fascinated with Zsa Zsa and wanted him to make her a princess... so he submitted adoption papers to Zsa Zsa, who refused to sign...
Quote: Originally Posted by chrysalid I agree with your previous posts. I don't think a tripartite resolution will work. Turkey will baulk at the idea of a Kurdish state and the Shi-a and Sunni states will be used by Iran and the Saudis to knock the shit out of each other by proxy. I haven't got any better suggestions though. If Turkey baulks at the idea of a Kurdish state, Isreal can be used as precedent. Kurds are the largest race...
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS First he has to apologize for ‘What Dreams May Come’, what a god-awful (no pun intended) movie… Jon. If you really think about it, he should only apologise to people who paid good money to see it. Then again, if someone actually paid good money to see that film, or Patch Adams, they pretty much got what they deserved.
Quote: Originally Posted by Will No need. Of the approximately 70 cigars rated above 90 in Cigar Aficionado last year, half were non-Cuban, and most of those from the Dominican Republic. Yeah, and it's not like those guys have some sort of consistent running bias. I used to read that mag heavily, but stopped when some freinds and I noticed that they tend to under rate Cuban stuff and over rate Dominican stuff.