or Connect

Posts by DeSica

Quote: Originally Posted by whomewhat "(But you can't and won't because guys like you have got to have the last word. Let's see how long it takes you to draft a response this time.)" You're too funny! You have not only responded to me, but you have responded to the others already, too! And the spelling? Let me just grab a few of yours for you: Viet Nam = Vietnam Pickng = picking casn't = can't or cannot neighbours = neighbors ...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter hey, no offense meant, but I had you pegged at 19-20 tops, in a liberal arts college. Yeah, no offense taken to your veiled insult. What exactly did I ever post that suggested I was 19 or 20? An open Jerusalem? It was an idea put forth on national TV by a 40 yr old man. Would saying the Viet Nam war was wrong make me a Kent State hippy? Take an honest look at some of the spelling in your posts,...
Quote: Originally Posted by whomewhat I was insulting YOUR intelligence? I was acting belligerent? Wow, you really are arrogant. You attack my country and I defend it. That makes me belligerent. You think I attack your country and go ballistic. What does that make you? Belligerent? A hypocrite? An idiot? I make factual statements, not opinion or conjecture, and you flat out tell me I am wrong and support your position, not with facts, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque Touché has the accent on the e, which gives it the ay sound. Would pronouncing douche dou-shay be a douchey thing to do? Right...accent eglec, I believe. It might be douchey, unless you were speaking French. J, is Elle va doucher or Elle va se doucher correct in any way...I know it isn't proper futur simple or futur anterieur, but it just strikes me as passable in conversation (and what a...
Pretty much anything by Ron Sexsmith is good. Hawksley Workman's Lover/Fighter was impressive, IMHO.
Quote: Originally Posted by JBZ Didn't he host one of the awards shows in recent years (the Emmy's from a couple of years ago, maybe)? Other than that, I have no idea. I think you might be correct. I always liked his style of humour, and I think his IGSS helped pave the way for shows like Seinfeld (though is there really any show quite like Seinfeld?)
Quote: Originally Posted by VMan I much prefer Mitch Hedberg ... R.I.P Even my father liked that dude.
Quote: Originally Posted by JBZ Thanks...duh. I do remember the Gary Shandling Show. It was good, but I much preferred the (IMHO) far superior Larry Sanders Show. Hey now! Yeah, LSS was great (nineties show, though.) What is Shandling up to now? I know he had that What Planet Are You From flop a few years ago, but haven't heard much of him since.
Quote: Originally Posted by j "Dowch", right? (hard "ch") If touche is commonly pronounced "tooshay," then shouldn't douche be pronouced "dooshay"? (though I know the "ay" sound makes it sound future tense in the French use.)
Quote: Originally Posted by Violinist Do you have any idea how stupid you look? "Gifted program"? Come on man. I don't care if your IQ is 186. Right now you're acting like a retard. PS. Not all canadians are like this. You think I enjoy discussing that? Have it printed on a T-shirt? The guy was insulting my intelligence and acting a little belligerent. Even as I typed it, I felt silly... my problem was that I let the guy get to...