or Connect

Posts by lovelux2010

update: so I have tried the 38 from lockie. it fits me much better than the 40. the 38 is still loose in the chest and some extra space under the armholes..but quite a gorgeous sweater, and the price is very good considering the quality. i have to order 4 of the same style. i would have preferred to order a couple vee necks, a crew and a cardigan but this is not possible to do on a custom order of 4. anyways, i think the 38 may work well for other men who are fairly...
hello, i wasn't suggesting you are obese by any means, apologies if it came across like that. for the record, i have nothing against obesity as a trend, i simply struggle to find clothes that fit OTR.I cannot size down for OTR Lockie, as 40 is the smallest size they produce. I did find the 40 very large in the chest on me, i am 5'7 and 145 pounds...so i am more obese than you when you factor in height.I am seeing if William Lockie has a 38 for me to try. as long as this...
yes, i think you may be right. the chest was very full, obviously to allow room for the majority of men who are, technically speaking, obese.do you have any suggestions for sweaters made for non-obese men? lockie has produced some slimmer fitting sweaters for the japenese market, some of these pictures from rakuten..http://www.pinterest.com/jbo8080/mens-william-lockie/the only brand that does seem to fit is J crew in the slim fit. i am not particularly fond of j crew...
so i tired on a 40 vee neck william lockie lambswool...its a bit big on me - especially in the chest. i think a size down would be better, perhaps a 38. william lockie are able to custom knit sweaters, but there is a minimum order
hello all - had a quick reply from Lockie and they do indeed make a size 40. they can also make you one to your specification (as far as chest) if you send them the pit to pit measurement. mine measure around 18-19, so I may see if he can make a 38ish..
ok - just checked out the 2 retailers mentioned - the smallest size they have is 42! i am in london - anywhere taht i can purcahse in a 40? in london or online? ideally i would like to be able to buy, and exchange for a 42 if need be - although i am quite certain 40 should fit as i am slim
just the info i was after - thank you! i will try a 40 to start in the cardigan..i will check out westway and heather and wallace - thanks all!!
thank you for the quick reply! perhaps i will order a 40 and 42 and see which fits best. i noticed on rakuten the have 36, 38, 40, 42, etc. do you know if william lockie make smaller sizes for the japanese marekt, or would the sizes at heather wallace be the same - just a different way of measuring? confused as from rakuten, i thikn i would be a "38", but at heather walace the lowest sizse is "42" thanks
hello, need some sizing advice on william lockie please. so, i want to get some lockie v necks and cardgians but struggling to find the smaller sizes and to figure out how their sizing works. on the william lockie site they offer the below sizing advice, but when i go to UK retailers it seems they only carry the larger sizes. judging by the japenese stock on rakuten, i think i would need quite a small size. i am 5'7 and 145...
has anyone tried having more casual trousers made up? i have a selection of light - darker grey odd flannel trousers to wear with blazers, but i'm curious to have something slightly more casual made up (no crease, flannel in grey or blue, perhaps more casual back pockets, etc). i would wear them with blazers and button down shirts, maybe EG jackets...but unsure what kind of spec to get on the trousers (pockets, cuffs?, etc). they would be an alternative to jeans or...