or Connect

Posts by lovelux2010

hi Masshi..I live in London and there is an APC store here, so that's not an issue. however, I have tried twice now (both times taking the advice of APC) but both times the jeans have ended up uncomrtably tight..I can try them on again in store, of course the larger size will feel better but I wanted to avoid the jeans looking oversized after stretch..
hi guys, sorry for another sizing help question. i asked a few pages back for sizing advice (i wear a 31 in most trousers/pants), but have bought a 28 in the APC new standard (stores advice and my second attempt at the new standard). however, after 30-40 wears the thighs and crotch area are uncomfortably tight. when the jeans are on, my thighs and upper legs feel really constricted and haven't seem to stretch out much, if anything at all. even the waist hasn't seem to...
anyone know of any Francois Pinton stocklists in London, or do I have to Eurostar to Paris? any help appreciated as want a classic pair and it seems this brand has some good options. I also like the cutler and gross sunglasses, oliver peoples and the barton pferrira eyeglasses to give you an idea of what I'm after..thanks!
thanks..I'm getting frustrated with APC, as this is the 3rd time I have tried (and failed!) to get the sizing right. I would have thought sizing in-store would have been a safe bet, but a 28 when I usually wear a 31 seems WAY too tight.I will have to try a 29, or I was considering to even go 30!thanks
hello.. I have an APC sizing question.. so, I usually wear a 31 waist in jeans, and the APC store in London recommended I purchase a 28 in the new standard. I have worn them about 30 times, but they are still REALLY tight in the waist and thighs..uncomfortably so... have I sized wrong or will they become comfortable/stretch over time. I have read about 30 pages of this thread but am losign my sanity any advice appreciated
update: so I have tried the 38 from lockie. it fits me much better than the 40. the 38 is still loose in the chest and some extra space under the armholes..but quite a gorgeous sweater, and the price is very good considering the quality. i have to order 4 of the same style. i would have preferred to order a couple vee necks, a crew and a cardigan but this is not possible to do on a custom order of 4. anyways, i think the 38 may work well for other men who are fairly...
hello, i wasn't suggesting you are obese by any means, apologies if it came across like that. for the record, i have nothing against obesity as a trend, i simply struggle to find clothes that fit OTR.I cannot size down for OTR Lockie, as 40 is the smallest size they produce. I did find the 40 very large in the chest on me, i am 5'7 and 145 pounds...so i am more obese than you when you factor in height.I am seeing if William Lockie has a 38 for me to try. as long as this...
yes, i think you may be right. the chest was very full, obviously to allow room for the majority of men who are, technically speaking, obese.do you have any suggestions for sweaters made for non-obese men? lockie has produced some slimmer fitting sweaters for the japenese market, some of these pictures from rakuten..http://www.pinterest.com/jbo8080/mens-william-lockie/the only brand that does seem to fit is J crew in the slim fit. i am not particularly fond of j crew...
so i tired on a 40 vee neck william lockie lambswool...its a bit big on me - especially in the chest. i think a size down would be better, perhaps a 38. william lockie are able to custom knit sweaters, but there is a minimum order
hello all - had a quick reply from Lockie and they do indeed make a size 40. they can also make you one to your specification (as far as chest) if you send them the pit to pit measurement. mine measure around 18-19, so I may see if he can make a 38ish..